Arsenal Thread

TMM

Guest DirtyFoot

I'll give you Cole cos Bridge hasn't played all season, and there's no other viable left-back, but I cannot pardon Campbell or Walcott espcially over Lennon or Defoe and thats coming from Yid hating blue boy.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you Cole cos Bridge hasn't played all season, and there's no other viable left-back, but I cannot pardon Campbell or Walcott espcially over Lennon or Defoe and thats coming from Yid hating blue boy.

...Lennon is in the team...

He doesn't have influence in the England squad per-say, he has influence in the FA, but not particularly over who goes in the England squad and who's picked.

And how many Premiership games have Campbell, Cole and Walcott played between them this season?

And out of them games has any performance warranted a place in the national side?

Sol Campbell and Ashley Cole have international experience. You have to have some experienced players in the squad and at full fitness both are very good in their respective positions.

Guest DirtyFoot

...Lennon is in the team...

Guest muddatrucker

Defoe will make the team I reckon, I have no problem with Campbell or Cole, Cole is the best leftback in the world, whilst Campbell is usually always on form for England (regardless of how badly he played against the hammers).

Walcott? to me I think its a good idea, the bad idea is taking 4 strikers, one of which who is injured and one of who is Crouch (who will end up starting, which I think is the bad idea).

I'd love to witness an England worldcup win, but if we win tomorrow I think it'll be my favourite season as a gooner, regardless of how shitty the league went. I think its Arsenals time, it might not happen again soon, where as each year Englands chances seem more promising.

Guest Small Red

Just wanted to wish Arsenal the best of luck in the Champions League. Hope they can win, since after knocking out Real and Juventus, they deserve it.

Screw all those bitter Spurs fans that are wishing on Barcelona to win tonight. I'll be rooting for Arsenal. I don't support them, don't exactly like them, but they have a fantastic squad. They've worker hard in Europe this season, played well and put in some steady performances. They deserve it.

Good luck Arsenal.

Thierry Henry is set to end months of speculation over his future by signing a new contract at Arsenal, inspired by their Champions League final display.

Henry, whose contract runs out next year, had been linked with a move to Champions League winners Barcelona.

"I hope to stay as long as I can keep running. I couldn't leave the fans. They're like family," he told The Sun.

"I love Barcelona, but on Wednesday Arsenal showed they had heart. I hope to finalise details today."

Gunners captain Henry, 28, joined from Juventus in August 1999 and has gone on to become the club's record goalscorer.

He was recently voted Football Writers' Association player of the year for the third time, and in his acceptance speech, he said that he now considered London his home.

On the flight back from Arsenal's Champions League final defeat in Paris, he is reported to have told passengers "we will come back next year."

If he does pledge his future to Arsenal, it will be a huge boost to the club ahead of their move to their new Emirates Stadium next season.

It will also help cushion the loss of striker Dennis Bergkamp, who is retiring after 11 years' service to the club.

The number 1 has to be the fact that Arsenal really would be nothing without him. It's excellent news though. Another four years of seeing him in the Premiership. I don't think this will scare off Barcelona making a massive bid in the summer though, it'll be interesting as the summer folds out.

Whilst I'm glad that Henry is staying, as he is a joy to watch in the Premiership, I just think it comes across as BS when he starts going on about his love for the club and the fans and whatnot. If he loved them so much, he would have signed it ages ago, rather then make this big drama out of it. But the fans will just be happy with him staying, even though he pissed them about.

It reeks of what happened with Gerrard last year, but as long as he stays and plays well, I'm sure it won't make much of a difference.

Guest _sTe_

The number 1 has to be the fact that Arsenal really would be nothing without him. It's excellent news though. Another four years of seeing him in the Premiership. I don't think this will scare off Barcelona making a massive bid in the summer though, it'll be interesting as the summer folds out.