Official Rap Thread (Reprise)

Gorka

I was never a huge stoner....I actually hated smoking pot, it never really did anything for me.  Tonight while watching random videos on Youtube, Afromans "Because I Got High" came on.  Every stoner I knew loved this song because they thought it was a "great" song about smoking pot.  After reading the lyrics though, it could be viewed equally as an anti-pot song...he's always talking about how things could've been if he didn't get high...its really kinda dark

I was gonna clean my room until I got high
I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high
My room is still messed up and I know why
'Cause I got high
I was gonna go to class before I got high
I coulda cheated and I coulda passed but I got high
I am taking it next semester and I know why
'Cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high
I was gonna go to court before I got high
I was gonna pay my child support but then I got high
They took my whole paycheck and I know why
'Cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high
I wasn't gonna run from the cops but I was high
I was gonna pull right over and stop but I was high
Now I am a paraplegic, and I know why, 'cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high
I was gonna pay my car note until I got high
I wasn't gonna gamble on the boat but then I got high
Now the tow truck is pulling away and I know why
'Cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high
I was gonna make love to you but then I got high
I was gonna eat yo pussy too but then I got high
Now I'm jacking off and I know why
'Cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high
I messed up my entire life because I got high
I lost my kids and wife because I got high
Now I'm sleeping on the sidewalk and I know why
'Cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high
I'm gonna stop singing this song because I'm high
I'm singing this whole thing wrong because I'm high
And if I don't sell one copy I know why
'Cause I'm high
Because I'm high
Because I'm high

On 03/06/2018 at 17:12, Tyrone said:

Ye is pretty damn wild. Ghost Town and Yikes are my favorites so far.

Ghost Town is a Top 10 Kanye song, without a doubt. This album is growing on me every day.

• Like 1

John Barnes spitting pure fire

You've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them
Get round the back
Catch me if you can
'Cause I'm the England man
And what you're looking at
Is the master plan
We ain't no hooligans
This ain't a football song
Three lions on my chest
I know we can't go wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll always have a soft spot for Drake, even if Pusha T did almost end his carefully crafted image. I actually like I'm Upset (and God's Plan too). The beats are bangers even if the lyrics are mostly garbage.

Yeah, the song was ass but the video is magic aside from the stupid weed segment. I'm only slightly bothered that I can't tell if it's in character at all. It's certainly not in-canon because, ya know, Rick is there and not dead but other people seem to be in character but since there's no dialogue from anyone besides the weed segment I can't really tell. Oddly Mewes and Smith being in character for Jay and Silent Bob defies Degrassi Canon.

7 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

At the turn of the century, sure, but in 2018?

Yes, absolutely. I haven’t given the collab album with Czarface a listen yet, but his stuff with Bishop Nehru and Jneiro Jarel are pretty top notch. I’ve enjoyed those releases more than anything from Jay Z in this decade.

I've wrote this post several times and ended up deleting it. I'm really sad that he died, because anyone being murdered at 20 years old is horrible. He did some awful things, but he was still so young that he could have turned his life around. He was still on trial for all of those fucked up charges too, so the opportunity for justice served and him to learn a lesson (which by all accounts he was a different person now) have vanished. The ex-girlfriend won't get justice, because someone decided to rob and murder XXX for a Louis Vuitton bag (supposedly). His mother has to bury her 20 year old child, because someone wanted a bag that was worth only, like, $2000.

My feelings are super complicated. I've said this in the Trump thread before, but I don't wish death on anyone. I think it's super petty and we should try to be better than those we disagree with, or just straight up hate. If you hate XXX, that's fine, but I've seen a lot of praise on the internet today about this. People thinking it's a good thing that a 20 year old kid got murdered. Did he do some horrible, fucked up things? Yeah. He should have served a lengthy jail sentence for the crimes he committed, not a permanent sentence in the ground.

I'm sure there will be some here (well, maybe) that see the news when they enter this thread and just think or say, "Well, good, he deserved it for the things he did". If that's the case... I don't really know what to say to you. I think if you celebrate the death of someone who has had no personal impact on your life with the things they've done that you don't agree with, that's kind of horrible. Wishing death on Trump is one thing, but this is something else entirely, in my mind. XXX still had the chance to change, given time.

I hope he finds peace on the other side, since he obviously couldn't handle his demons on this side of things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1