Fantasy Puck?

SeanDMan

I was thinking maybe even 8/10. But don't want to implement that retroactively without warning. I figure I will allow you to miss a turn and then come in and make your pick late, but if you miss two turns I'll just start giving you Yahoo's BPA.

Okay screw it, it's been like 20 hours. @Gabriel, go, if it gets back to JM again we'll give him a bit more time but no point holding things up.

I took Leon Drysettle.

Hi, long time fantasy league runner. Don’t skip people, just auto assign them once they hit the deadline.  You don’t want to have to keep track of that shit.  

I’d go 12 hour deadline, 8-10 is just a bit too short, someone could sleep through that

7 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I will take Ryan O'Reilly from the St. Louis Blues as my first pick.

@damsher hatfield, you're up!

Also, Sean, I would just set a 12 hour limit. Anyone who misses out can make up their missed picks at the end of the draft, if everyone thinks that's fair.

I don’t know how anyone would think that’s fair.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

Well, it's not really fair to make everyone wait... and it wouldn't be fair if someone missed a couple of picks and then got to choose say, three guys all at once... I can't think of anything other than us just sending Sean lists of who we want and having him go through the order manually.

I personally prefer live drafts, but we're from all different time zones, so that doesn't really work either.

...but you realize it's not like they're jumping in and taking the first three picks of the draft, yeah? I mean, they'd essentially be giving up "better" players and swooping in and drafting three "lesser" talents all at once. You're still getting the better part of the deal, and not completely screwing over the guy by having them draft the scraps left at the end of the draft. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The main thing that makes a thing fair or not fair is, does it apply to everyone equally? And so this idea has the potential to be fair, but it's a bit draconian. People have legit reasons for not being online all the time and to say "hey, okay, you missed a pick, you can make it up at the very end of the draft" would mean if you miss a pick in round one you'd essentially have to make it up with a fifteenth round pick, and that is a bit harsh.

30 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

...but you realize it's not like they're jumping in and taking the first three picks of the draft, yeah? I mean, they'd essentially be giving up "better" players and swooping in and drafting three "lesser" talents all at once. You're still getting the better part of the deal, and not completely screwing over the guy by having them draft the scraps left at the end of the draft. 

Yeah, I actually just realized this. I wasn't fully awake yet when I posted earlier. I am completely cool with this. So if someone missed a pick, on their next pick, they should be able to make up for the initial missed selection.

We can even extend the deadline to 24 hours, really. We still have until October 3rd, I believe.

OR, if everyone would rather, we can all just compile our selection lists and I can go through those this week. I'm not working currently, as I am in the process of setting up my own business, so I'd be able to sit down and sort through all of that shit if that makes it easier for everyone.

Edited by Gabriel

I mean technically I do think that's my job but I appreciate you trying to usurp my power. :P

26 minutes ago, North Of Seattle SeaCattle said:

I mean technically I do think that's my job but I appreciate you trying to usurp my power. :P

First you sort through the draft... then you get the sugar... then you get the power... then you get the women.

Seriously though, that may be our best option in terms of fairness for the draft. If it's what you want to do, but you don't want the headache, I'm happy to do it. I'm also happy to let you do it and reserve that free time for Fire Pro and MLB The Show