World of Warcraft

Your Mom

Ah, I've not seen that. Does the same woman who sells the armored brown bear sell it or does someone else?

Also: http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/11/20/ozzy-...tv-commercials/

Ozzy's sounds great, about to watch it.

EDIT: Yeah the ozzy one is GREAT. "CUT. The Lich King is the prince of darkness!" "Well I've been the prince of darkness since 1979!"

Edited by CAPSLOCK CLOUDY

Ah, I've not seen that. Does the same woman who sells the armored brown bear sell it or does someone else?

Also: http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/11/20/ozzy-...tv-commercials/

Ozzy's sounds great, about to watch it.

EDIT: Yeah the ozzy one is GREAT. "CUT. The Lich King is the prince of darkness!" "Well I've been the prince of darkness since 1979!"

The vendor who sells the pet is in the sewers and I believe is a reagent vendor, with the pet being the only item besides those that he sells; the mount vendor is right outside the place you teleport in at.

In unrelated news, people are actually letting some of the "shadier" quests ruffle their feathers and I find this terribly amusing. There's an article on WoW Insider about it and a bunch of commenters babbling about being "disgusted" by the quests where you've got to torture someone, another where you've got to harvest the brains of deranged dwarfs, etc.

it's like.. come the fuck on, you don't have a problem with all the wanton rampant killing you do going from 1-80 but a few quests where you harvest brains or torture someone "disturbs" you? Seriously? Then go cry into a pillow or something, it's just a game. Some of the reactions are pretty hilarious.

I'm only level 75 on my main with about 2.3k gold, and my death knight's level 64 with just about 130g. Honestly, I'll probably wind up giving my main all the gold my DK makes since the DK's just a secondary character (though they ARE fun as hell).

Ooohhh.. speaking of mains, some paladin changes have been announced for the next patch:

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/11/25/some-...or-patch-3-0-4/

All Paladins receive a single-target taunt as a base ability.

Finally. I'm not terribly thrilled with the JoW nerf or Hand of Protection being on the same CD as Avenging Wrath, Divine Protection, etc. It's, like the article says, making us choose between whether we want to protect our own asses or a group members'. Weird.

And man, I swear some people won't be happy with the Ret spec until Ret's back to being the big f'n joke it was pre-2.3. It's irritating. The class as a whole has been nerfed 2 or 3 times since 3.0.2 came out and people still go "boo hooo, bawwwwww ret's OP bawwwwww". Give me a fucking break, boo hoo! The third paladin spec is viable now! Nerf it! Fuck off.

Edited by Cloudy

Hmm.. is it normal to not be able to login to your account on the WoW website during maintenance? I logged in before maint this morning and quested a bit then I exited when the server countdown for downtime started. I was just going to check and see how much time I have left on my account about ~5 min ago on Worldofwarcraft.com but it keeps telling me my login has failed. Is that normal? I swear in the past I've been able to login to the website during game maintenance..

Been playing on my Tauren Hunter some more. Levelled him to 61 before venturing the Outland... only to find that that makes Hellfire Peninsula ridiculously easy. Also, I'm loving the fact that you make buckets of gold for the slightest quest whilst in Outland too.

Dinged 62 and am part way to 63 already. Reckon I'll try and hit 63 before moving onto Zangamarsh.

Edited by Winter-F'n-Sun!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question: How much extra content does buying the flying mount give you access to? I read somewhere that there's odd places only accessible by this method, but nowhere really seems to state how much (and thus whether its worth saving up to go for it).

Quick question for you guys. I quit just after TBC came out, and am now looking to get back into the game with my girlfriend. Obviously I'll be starting at level 1 again (though I do have a 62 Dwarf Warrior if I get bored :P). Does anyone still play that far down, or is it entirely made up of guilded alts who're levelling characters to make into DKs? :P

What're my chances of getting a legitimate group for, say, Gnomeregan or RFK these days? I don't want my gf to go to all the expense of buying the game and hyping it up as awesome if it turns out she can't actually play the lower level content properly because the only group we can get for Van Cleefe is a level 80 Death Knight who has five minutes to spare :shifty:.

I'd say there's still a fair bit of people that run low level content, because people are always levelling alts up and dungeon drops always > quest rewards.

Quick question: How much extra content does buying the flying mount give you access to?

I have no idea about WOTLK but in TBC there were a couple places accessible by flyer only like the Elemental Plateau in Nagrand, etc.

Speaking of flyers.. I finally bought my epic flyer on my paladin and found the most retarded way to make gold. The Dalaran cooking dailies reward Northern Spices and you can buy Northern Spices off the chick that sells stuff for the cooking tokens, right? Well, I had 4 stacks of Northern Spices in my bank from doing cooking dailies, um, daily. I was running around trying to think of shit I could sell to make the 1k gold I need to train cold weather flying (was 500g away from it) and I noticed..

A stack of Northern Spices sell for almost 100g on the AH on my server. Seriously, how much of a lazy fuck do you have to be to pay 100g for spices that you could easily get doing about a week's worth of cooking dailies (all of which are piss easy and take no more than 10 minutes)? Whatever, though. I sold a stack for 100g and I put two other stacks up - hopefully they sold, because if they did now I certainly have enough gold for cold weather flying.

Quick question for you guys. I quit just after TBC came out, and am now looking to get back into the game with my girlfriend. Obviously I'll be starting at level 1 again (though I do have a 62 Dwarf Warrior if I get bored :P). Does anyone still play that far down, or is it entirely made up of guilded alts who're levelling characters to make into DKs? :P

What're my chances of getting a legitimate group for, say, Gnomeregan or RFK these days? I don't want my gf to go to all the expense of buying the game and hyping it up as awesome if it turns out she can't actually play the lower level content properly because the only group we can get for Van Cleefe is a level 80 Death Knight who has five minutes to spare :shifty:.

Depends on the server, really. I rarely, if ever, see anyone doing Deadmines or Gnomeregan on Whisperwind, but I do see groups doing the Stockades or high lvl players offering to run groups through the Stockades or Gnomer (for money, usually). No clue about RFK.

One problem I've noticed is hardly does the BC instances anymore - at least the Hellfire Penninula and Zangarmarsh ones, anyway, and I rarely see any DKs doing the Terokkar Forest instances. 90% of the players I run into in those first two zones are...you guessed it....DKs.

My own DK (Draenei, Unholy spec) is only lvl 65 atm and I created him about a week after WoTLK went live. But that's because I spend more time running my Hunter and when I am on my DK I spend most of my time working on his mining rather than working on quests. (He's on Thorium right now, but can't mine the rich veins yet)

From what I've seen, you pretty much need to be able to fly to do anything in Icecrown, because the flight path there is on a flying ship (Alliance gets a really cool one with rotors on the wings; Horde gets an oversized zeppelin, if I remember right), there's no way off it without flying, and you need a flying mount for a particular quest. But other than that, I don't think there are any extra areas in WoTLK that you need flying to access - it just makes travel more convenient. (I'm just glad I won't have to buy a new mount once I make the 5k for epic flying - which I'm nowhere near being able to afford; I have the Headless Horseman's mount from Hallow's End. :) But I also have a snowy griffon I use instead sometimes that I bought after I got the HH mount)

Quick question: How much extra content does buying the flying mount give you access to? I read somewhere that there's odd places only accessible by this method, but nowhere really seems to state how much (and thus whether its worth saving up to go for it).

Well, unless I'm wrong, both Storm Peaks and Icecrown in WotLK are only accessible via flying mount(unless you get one of the flight paths up there somehow). Overall, having an epic flyer makes things so much easier. You really don't need to use the gryphon system anymore because you can easily navigate yourself to wherever you want to go.

Well, unless I'm wrong, both Storm Peaks and Icecrown in WotLK are only accessible via flying mount(unless you get one of the flight paths up there somehow). Overall, having an epic flyer makes things so much easier. You really don't need to use the gryphon system anymore because you can easily navigate yourself to wherever you want to go.

Storm Peaks you get a flightpath to. But like I said regarding Icecrown, you pretty much have to have a flying mount to access, since you can't get off the flying base without one....unless you fall to your death, that is.

Oh man.. I love how spectacularly some people fail at this game. One of my guildmates (who is more or less a punching bag for everyone since he's so goddamn stupid) was trying to get together a heroic Archavon group and he was refusing to take mages (he's a mage) on the grounds that he didn't want to have to compete for loot - like tough fucking tits, this is WoW. You're ALWAYS going to be competing for loot, going "no mages" isn't going to help you out.

Then he finally gets 23 people together and he's looking for 1 more healer and 1 more DPS and he bites himself in the ass advertising "non-paladin/DK DPS" because there's 4 pallies in the group and boo fuckin' hoo, they don't wanna compete for their gear either. 10 minutes later.. he's in guild chat going "FUCK, I HATE PEOPLE" "GODDAMNIT". Why? Half the raid left him to form their own raid and were telling people in the lookingforgroup channel how much of a dick he was, derailing his Heroic Arch attempt.

The moral of the story? Yeah, being a dick in an MMO will bite you in the ass.

I'm on Maelstrom and Frostwolf. Maelstrom is my horde server, Frostwolf my alliance server. I've got an 80 paladin on Maelstrom and a 76 DK, and on Frostwolf I've got a laughable level 10 draenei warrior. When 3.0.8 hits I'm just gonna level a DK on Frostwolf (still undecided on race - probably human or draenei) so I can jump into playing with my friends on Frostwolf quicker.

Whisperwind:

Alliance:

77 NE Hunter

65 Draenei DK

44 Gnome Warlock

25 Draenei Shaman

32 Gnome Rogue

19 Human Paladin

Horde:

18 BE Mage

14 Orc Warrior

I also have a very low level Undead Rogue and Draenei Paladin on Aggramar, and will probably make an Undead or Tauren DK on another server (haven't decided which yet, though, but it won't be a PvP one) when 3.0.8 goes live.