The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

10484567_10205276708586679_3515156706639

64350_10205276709506702_4170267043136416

Got 'em back ! LOVE the labels and casings. Fantastic job and service from these guys. There's an active community on facebook as well. Still

have my ASM 41 and 50 as well as Iron Fist 1 to come back. Overly happy with the Mr Miracle and GR grades. TOD I thought looked better than

the GR to be honest. Also, there's FREE GRADERS NOTES ! I'm already getting a larger group together to send off as my Christmas Present

to myself. If any of you are interested in the facebook community or the service in general let me know. I won't use CGC, ever. These guys blow

their doors off.

As far as resale value goes do collector's value these guys? Christopher has a few older books

They have been extremely well received. They set the record sale for Amazing Fantasy 15 in a 4.5 grade earlier this year: http://blog.comicspriceguide.com/af-15-graded-by-cbcs-sets-a-new-record/

There is absolutely no question on the quality and validity of these guys. Steve Borock is the man in charge .... who is also one of the men that spearheaded CGC and 3rd party grading in general when it started. He's one of the guys that created the standards used today.

Nope, Gerry Duggan's run of Deadpool continues, whilst Fractions run of Hawkeye ends soon. It'll then be replaced by a new series written by Jeff Lemire.

So is Hawkeye and Deadpool ongoing or a mini?

• 3 weeks later...

DC Comics covers for March as inspired by movie posters

OUqdobg.jpg

jYZ2gxT.jpg

sQLBZKz.jpg

D9wMfvE.jpg

RWbSbdE.jpg

JzXMeYf.jpg

XUdQB52.jpg

S0U0a40.jpg

yzfIgUD.jpg

FgaPXTj.jpg

muwLyv2.jpg

UgYB2KP.jpg

gV9Ztpg.jpg

bpnyYhv.jpg

LolhiCl.jpg

V5kEZUl.jpg

PQPwoog.jpg

Edited by GoGogi Makabe
these images are fucking huge
  • Like 1

Ugh, Batman 37 and Batman and Robin 37 were both so good. I fucking adore Snyder's run of Batman, it's far and away my absolute favorite run of a Batman comic ever. Keep your Year One and Long Halloween, I've decided I'll take Zero Year and Endgame every time. DC isn't always great, but there's some comics that continue to impress. Grayson is still great and Batwoman might be one of my favorite things they've ever done. I actually picked up her run of Detective Comics the other day for £20. Such a good run, I adore the art. It's exactly what I want from a Dr. Strange series once they kick one up. (the New Avengers annual was in this style and it was fucking brilliant)

For reference...

1922669-batwoman_1.jpg

I've also nearly completed Thor: God of Thunder, Mrs. TKz is getting me the last few issues for Christmas and then I just need to find issue 20 somewhere. And once the latest three issues of Avengers turn up, I'll have all of that up to date as well as New Avengers. Which is great, because Hickman's run of Avengers is just the god damn best. Also think Mrs. TKz might have gotten me the complete Batwoman New 52 run for Christmas... I found it going on eBay and it's now mysteriously missing and I saw she had ordered the latest three individually on my e-mails the other day! :D

My next project will probably be trying to get the complete run of All New X-Men or Avengers World. I already have the first 10 issues of All New X-Men, so it's going to be a game of seeing what shows up on eBay. And Avengers World is just so I have the complete run of Johnathon Hickman writing The Avengers. The dream would be Snyder's Batman, but I've seen that going for upwards of £100...

I mostly just wanted to write about comics. I fucking love comics. And there are so fucking many great comics going at the moment.

Indeed there are ... I've pimped the Valiant stuff quite a bit and will continue to do so.

Also, Astro City .... just wonderful

I'm actually looking forward to Dark Circle Comics (the relaunch of Archie's "superhero" line) ... it starts with Black Hood next month (I believe it's January) and there will be The Shield and The Fox following.

I know that pop culture has gotten all over Afterlife with Archie ... but holy hell is it good, and you want to talk about art ? yeaaaaaaahhh

• 4 weeks later...

I take back everything bad I ever said about Cyclops and his cursed optic blasts, as long as it means I don't have to read any more of Daredevils 'she would never go out with a blind man' and 'the only emotion my radar-sense can't identity is love'. He's very bad.

I am looking forward to a bit more differentiation as time goes on, as it stands DD, Iron Man, Thor and Spidey all have identical secret identity/love life problems that could all be solved with a brief conversation...

Ant-Man was pretty great too. I also hear Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was a good read.

Marvel is knocking it out of the park with their new series. Marvel NOW might be the best thing this company has done in years for their series. So many great runs have come out of it. Uncanny Avengers, Thor: God of Thunder, Johnathon Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers, Moon Knight, All New X-Men, Superior Spider-Man, Nova, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Elektra, Inhuman, Magneto, Iron Fist, Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Rocket Raccoon, Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier, Thor, Superior Iron Man...

That's a lot of really god damn good comics.

Loved Uncanny Avengers ... not pissed at the new direction and shake up, just pissed that they're relaunching to do it <_< Agree on the Avengers titles, All New Xmen, Superior Spiderman, Black Widow (is freaking great), and Superior Iron Man. Some of the others I feel are very good but those titles were just fantastic.

I'm ecstatic for Uncanny Inhumans !!!!!!!!

Mrs. TKz picked up the Scottie Young one, finished reading it yesterday. Weird that it's set between Empire and Jedi, but I guess with the EU deleted they can do whatever they want. Kind of a bummer, though, as it means any new characters will be less significant (because we know they play no part in Jedi) and any old characters will always be safe.