The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

But Bendis and Loeb loved what DnA did with the cosmic side of Marvel, they said so at NYCC and in articles I read. They loved it SO much they are not really following it, changing things, and making it better. Just ask them, they will tell you. Also, they are adding Iron Man (yes, fucking Iron Man) to GotG!

I think Hush might have been the only thing Loeb has ever done that I liked. He is just a miserable writer in my mind.

Long Halloween, Superman For All Seasons, and Daredevil Yellow. He also wrote some decent X stuff in the 90's.

Seeing mixed reviews on the Before Watchmen series. I got the Rorshach and Silver Spectre #1's, loved the art in Rorshach, SS was a bit pedestrian, but I assume it's just setting the scene for the main story. I hear Night Owl and Comedian and must-avoids though, which is a shame.

I'll probably end up getting the lot when they release a collection, just wondering if Rorshach is with pursuing now, or if any of the others are worth a look in the meantime.

By the way, the Nexus is perfect size and screen quality for comic reading. Absolute joy. If anyone uses Comixology, they have a sale on an Uncanny X-Men run from last year, there's some Spiderman stuff on offer, and a bunch of DC #1's are down to 99c.

Seeing mixed reviews on the Before Watchmen series. I got the Rorshach and Silver Spectre #1's, loved the art in Rorshach, SS was a bit pedestrian, but I assume it's just setting the scene for the main story. I hear Night Owl and Comedian and must-avoids though, which is a shame.

I'll probably end up getting the lot when they release a collection, just wondering if Rorshach is with pursuing now, or if any of the others are worth a look in the meantime.

By the way, the Nexus is perfect size and screen quality for comic reading. Absolute joy. If anyone uses Comixology, they have a sale on an Uncanny X-Men run from last year, there's some Spiderman stuff on offer, and a bunch of DC #1's are down to 99c.

I have enjoyed Nite Owl and Rorshach, but I dropped Comedian and Minutemen after the second issue as it was very underwhelming. I have heard great things about Silk Spectre also, just have not really wanted to pick it up.

I like Ultimate Spider-Man. Just reached Issue 13, wich is the latest one i got in my mailbox (on comixology theres issue 16 already up...). Silly how they ended peter parker, but i enjoy Miles Morales and his story a lot. Have not had that "i want to know how it will continue" feeling with a new spider-man book in a long while.

Just found out one of the websites I use for comics is doing a Marvel NOW starter pack kind of deal. £25 for the first issues of...

All New X-Men #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

Avengers #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

Captain America #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

Deadpool #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

Fantastic Four #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

FF #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

Indestructible Hulk #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

Iron Man #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

Thor: God of Thunder #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

X-Men Legacy #1 NOW! (2012 Series)

I don't care all that much about FF or X-Men Legacy, but I think I'll pick that up. £25 for 10 comics is pretty decent and I want to try out most of them really.