Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody heard of the band The Red Wings? They're another band that does rock arrangements of FF (and other games') songs, downloaded the ones they have available and really enjoyed them, especially "You Are Not Alone".

There's an official one called The Black Mages who have a very interesting cover version of FFX's Otherworld that has to be listened to at least once...

In FF news - I'm playing FFIV on the DS and enjoying at the moment. The PSX version remains the only FF I've actually unlocked everything toward and beaten all the bosses/weapons on and I'm enjoying this so far. I like the cut scenes and the narrative is still strong. Even if Cecil's voice sounds iffy.

Anybody heard of the band The Red Wings? They're another band that does rock arrangements of FF (and other games') songs, downloaded the ones they have available and really enjoyed them, especially "You Are Not Alone".

There's an official one called The Black Mages who have a very interesting cover version of FFX's Otherworld that has to be listened to at least once...

Thus the word "another" :P

Isn't Otherworld the one really silly out-of-place-sounding heavy metal song with the horrible growling vocals that plays during the fight with...

...Jecht?

What's interesting about the cover?

I believe it is, yes. And I dont' think a cover of that song would really be interesting.

Also, playing VI, I accidentally got Cyan killed when he is first introduced (Was seeing what each level of his skill does). But instead of a game over screen, it went to Celes and Saban. I restarted, and didn't get him killed. Just wondering, what would have happened story wise? Would Cyan be dead, and not be a party member?

Would Kefka not have poisoned the water, killing the king?

ANSWERS PEOPLE!

• 3 weeks later...

Dead thread is REVIVED WITH NEWS

Motomu Toriyama, the director of Final Fantasy XIII, divulged bits of information about the upcoming RPG in an interview with Famitsu PS3. We already know the demo is lengthy, but now we also know that it will allow players "to play from the opening through the prologue," similar to the Final Fantasy VII demo. Besides Lighting, players will also be able to play as the blonde male (shown above) in the demo. He remains nameless, but whatever his name is, it will be weather-related as well.

Toriyama then talks about a "new style" where FFXIII will not have an actual main character. Instead, players will experience the story from the viewpoints of different characters. One of the main focuses of the demo will be to allow players to try out this "new style." The battle system also allows you to switch characters; it will be party-based and the player will switch between each character during combat.

SOURCE: PS3Fanboy

final-fantasy13blondeguystb.jpg

That's the "blonde guy" mentioned in the article.

Oh and here have some FFXIII plot

The fal'Cie are a race existing beyond humanity. Those marked by the fal'Cie for a greater purpose are named the l’Cie.

Thirteen centuries ago, a Crystal instructed the fal'Cie to construct a paradise for humanity. The floating shell of Cocoon was created, floating high above the world. Pulse, a source of lurking menace, stretches out below Cocoon. It is maintained by its own Crystal.

Cocoon's Crystal created life forms and machines for its inhabitants to use, and humanity flourished. Over time, the people of Cocoon began to fear for the safety of their world, specifically that it would be cast down from the sky. The Holy Government now quarantines anyone who has been influenced by Pulse, and exiles them from the city.

A girl named Lightning is chosen by the Crystals to be the enemy of humanity, and bring about the downfall of the world.

Yanked from wiki where the source was a preview of the 360 version of the game.

Edited by Stephen Cloudbert

A girl named Lightning is chosen by the Crystals to be the enemy of humanity, and bring about the downfall of the world.

That is awesome, we get to be bad guys! ^_^ ...kinda, anyways.

Also, any word on if Versus is still PS3 exclusive?

Correct. It's going to be on the PS3 and the 360. Final Fantasy Versus XIII, however, is supposed to remain a PS3 exclusive.

Ollie: It's supposed to be fucking ridiculously hard at points. I've known people that have it who have spent thirteen hours trying to defeat one boss in the higher level parts of the game.

Also, just for what it's worth, FFXIII will be released in Japan first on the PS3, and then get a simultaneous release on the 360 and PS3 in North America with no 360 release of the game planned for Japan. And like I said in my previous post, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still slated to be a PS3 exclusive.

EDIT: Also, the PS3 FFXIII demo will be included with Final Fantasy Advent Children Complete alongside new trailers for Versus XIII and the XIII PSP/mobile phone game. Advent Children Complete's due out in Japan in March of next year, no word on a North American release date.

Edited by Stephen Cloudbert

13 hours on a boss? Fuck that noise. The graphics look pretty stunning, is it playable on a lower spec'd pc?

Like I said, though, it was a higher-end boss. Supposed to be an optional or something of the sort for the really hardcore players.

Sys reqs

Windows (PC)

Pentium III 800 Mhz CPU, Windows 2000/XP, 128 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, DirectX 8.1, Nvidia GeForce or ATI Radeon 9000 or higher, 8.5 GB free hard drive space. Internet (TCP/IP) connection required.

So yeah it looks like it would play fine on a lower end PC, depending on how "lower end" lower end is.