Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

I like MMORPG's when they're silly 2D games that have bemusingly stupid quests but are easy to master, the whole "sweeping 3D world with two hours of levelling up against rats" thing just isn't my cup of tea.

Yeah, if its something for an hour or two in my downtime and a laugh, then I'd be all for it, fuck knows it'd be like EWB then.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, fuck you antlion. It took fucking ages to steal the Gold Helm from him. Later on, fuck you Hilgigars, gave up on stealing the Fairy Flute there.

So far the only bosses I haven't stolen from (at all) are the machine thing that chases you across the bridge in Fossil Roo (cause I didn't fight him) and the stone tablet thing in Kuja's mansion (cause Zidane's not in the party at the time).

Right now I'm at Mt. Gulug, my party is Zidane, Freya, Quina and Vivi (who will be replaced with Eiko when I get her back). Every other save file I've had has been Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner, so I'm taking a radically different path this time. Tis different.

CPURecommended: Pentium 4 processorYou Have: 2 processors running - Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHzrec_chart_6.gifPASS green_checkmark_rec.gifCPU SpeedRecommended: 1.5 GHzYou Have: 1.86 GHz Performance Rated at 4.89 GHzrec_chart_6.gifPASS green_checkmark_rec.gifSystem RAMRecommended: 256 MBYou Have: 2.0 GBrec_chart_6.gifPASS green_checkmark_rec.gifOperating SystemRecommended: Windows XPYou Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition, 64-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)rec_chart_6.gifPASS green_checkmark_rec.gifVideo CardRecommended: 64 MB 3D video card (NVIDIA GeForce FX or better)You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (GeForce 8600 GT)rec_chart_5.gifPASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

green_check_small_rec.gifVideo RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 1008 MBgreen_check_small_rec.gifVideo Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yesgreen_check_small_rec.gifVideo HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yesgreen_check_small_rec.gifVertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 4.0green_check_small_rec.gifPixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 4.0

blue_i_rec.gifVideo Card Driver Version (DirectX)Your driver version number is: 7.15.11.6218

green_checkmark_rec.gifDirectX VersionRecommended: 8.1You Have: 10.0 PASS green_checkmark_rec.gifSound CardRecommended: YesYou Have: Speakers (10- VIA High Definiti PASS blue_i_rec.gifSound Card Driver VersionYour driver version number is: 6.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product. green_checkmark_rec.gifFree Disk SpaceRecommended: 6 GBYou Have: 223.2 GBrec_chart_6.gifPASS green_checkmark_rec.gifCDRecommended: 32X speed CD-ROM or DVD-ROM (only during installation)You Have: DVDRW IDE1008 ATA Device PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

Just bought FFXI Vana'Diel Collection for a quid from Zavvi.

Looks like I can play it :w00t:

Bah, GameTraders can go to hell. I order FF9, with their promises they'll get it in in a week.

That was in November...

Well, It took a while, but it finally arrived today.

GameTraders Burwood (20 minutes away): 10 Months.

GameTraders Marion (2 states away): Overnight.

Conclusion: Burwood can go jump...

Is playing FFXII really worth it?

I got it about a year ago and just can't get into it. I don't know whether that's because the turn-based system is gone, or its so fucking difficult to gain levels and the fact its boring killing those fucking skeletons to get money.

That and I've forgotten what's happened and can't bring myself to start again.

Someone convince me :)

Fuck you Mr. Friendly Feather Circle. Fuck you and the 2 hours I spent trying to find you so that by the time I did, I'd already learnt practically everything. Fuck you.

Despite that though, I'm doing a fucking fantastic job on this save file. Just about to go to Terra, and I just beat Quale, stole everything from him (including Ninja Gear and Robe of Lords), and everyone in my party has their best weapon (except Zidane) and all abilities learnt (Quina has 2 Blue Magics left, and Freya is missing one of her passive abilities. Not sure what it is, but I think I get it from the Minerva Plate).

Yeah, I started posting my FFIX progress in here cause the FFIX play-through thread died. >_>

Back on Crisis Core now. Was there anything of value in that place near Mondeoheim that you infiltrate? I got really annoyed and just battled instead. I dunno whether this needs spoiler tags, but just in case:

Also, during the bit on the beach where Zack uses a parasol as his weapon was when I first got Genesis' DMW Limit. Hilarious to watch. Also got Octaslash and Meteor Rain (though it's called something else...). Looked very funny.

I've just been sitting at a save point outside the Shinra Mansion in Crisis Core, doing Mission after Mission after Mission.

I fucking refuse to do the 'Fight 1,000 Shinra Soldiers' mission though. 100, fine. 200, fine. 1,000? Fuck off. :@

Back on Crisis Core now. Was there anything of value in that place near Mondeoheim that you infiltrate? I got really annoyed and just battled instead. I dunno whether this needs spoiler tags, but just in case:

Also, during the bit on the beach where Zack uses a parasol as his weapon was when I first got Genesis' DMW Limit. Hilarious to watch. Also got Octaslash and Meteor Rain (though it's called something else...). Looked very funny.

Kind of, the items are helpful, but not essential.

I missed the point where I could have picked up whatever-it-is that'd give me Phoenix's DMW. :( And I didn't do all of the 'Wutai Spies' side-mission so some of the missions in the menu will never be available. :( :(

God damn it all.

I missed the point where I could have picked up whatever-it-is that'd give me Phoenix's DMW. :( And I didn't do all of the 'Wutai Spies' side-mission so some of the missions in the menu will never be available. :( :(

God damn it all.

And that's why New Game Plus and the "Hard Mode" are great, you get to replay the game, finish it properly and get the interest of it not being so easy (I lie, it's not just "not so easy", it's sodding insane at some points).

I've just beaten FFVI Advance...

So, now my question is, what should I play now of these choices....

FFI

FFII

FFIV

FFV

These are all the GBA versions, by the way.

The first one is great for simplistic gameplay, go with that if you want a relatively blast through game, II is more story based and has a vague puzzle element to some of it (it's not anything stressful, just remembering key words and using them right), IV is my personal favourite pixel generation of the games and feels like the best all round story for characters, plot and cohesiveness, though the gameplay can be a tad unbalanced between characters, V is a popular choice with an interesting development system, but I always found the story was lacking and had a bit too much coincidence and generic questing for my tastes.

I'll say this so far about FFIV....

I loved it when Baron bombed that one castle where you get Edward at. It reminded me a lot of the South Park where the Afghan kids get the money, then everything proceeds to get leveled in Kabul. Funny as hell.