Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

Hmm... I'd suggest bumping up a few levels in the Eastersands first, then fight some of the nasties in the Westersands as they offer a tad more EXP and are a tad more fun to fight. That's probably the earliest place I'd suggest lvling up. Going a bit further on you should most definitely stick around the Ogir-Yensa and the Nam-Yensa Sandseas for a couple hours. The Urutan are pretty weak (except for the bastard tri-attack which is nasty) and they offer up pretty good gil and EXP, they're also pretty much the only enemies in the Sandsea bar Yensa's and the Alarune's, which means it's dead easy to get a chain of 100+ going meaning you'll also get some good loot. After that, the Ozmone Plains are FANTASTIC for leveling up, especially Zaghnol's, who are right bastards to start off with, but they can drop some valuable stuff and they offer up good EXP.

So yeah, early on I'd suggest the Westersand, the Sandsea and a bit later on the Ozomone Plain. That's where the gils at.

Also, make sure you chain some of the Alarune's in the Sandsea, I'm pretty sure they're found on the first couple screens. They drop Succulent Fruit, and each one sells for 333gil. It doesn't sound like a lot, but early on in XII money is a bitch, and so they're pretty valuable, especially for how easy they are to get.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the one time I played FFXII, and the first time they let me out somewhere with respawning enemies (that bit out back with the T-Rex wandering around in the distance) I levelled myself up from Lv1 to Lv6 with some spectacularly long and tedious grinding. ...Not sure why. I think I was just scared I was going to get pummeled with the new combat system.

Got a few bajillion fur pelts to sell, too.

Edit: Eastersands, that's it's name.

Edited by Lt Gen stokeriño

I got to Balfonheim last time, doing every side quest I could (according to the guide), but I think that was the issue, doing the sidequests is too time consuming, it makes you forget the story, so I'd rather restart, re-learn the story and finish it, and then go back to that save with the side quests and go from there.

Also, I would like to note, Crisis Core still has my favourite FF soundtrack ever, I fucking love that game, if FFXIII ends up even half as good as I found it (but tweak that damn missions system), I'll be satisfied.

Same the tracks on that are excellent. The song from the battle at the end is epic.

VIII is easily the best soundtrack. You have to be delusional to think otherwise.

It's incredibly close, but I find CC edges out FFVIII because it's more emotionally responsive to me, it's not just good music I can listen to any time that reminds me of events in the game, it's good music I can listen to any time that reminds me of how I connected with events in the game.

Final Fantasy X-2 is incredibly underrated. So awesome.

THANK YOU! I've always loved FFX-2 on atleast equel amounts as FFX, even more at some points. Getting 100% completiton was probally the most enjoyable sidequest/whatever that there has been in an FF thus far. Also the 1000 words scene with Yuna singing is bitchin'

I tried FFX-2 twice, and both times couldn't bring myself to get past the first fifteen minutes. :(

The first chapter is all a bit naff, but the entire thing sets up the rest of the game in a great way, I'd suggest at least going through the main story and then New Game+ for a 100% game (seriously, more games need a % completion rate, it makes you feel like you've achieved something rather than just having "finished" the game).

I tried FFX-2 twice, and both times couldn't bring myself to get past the first fifteen minutes. :(

Exactly the same.

FFX was and always will be my favourite Final Fantasy game, simply amazing. So when I found out about FFX-2, I was almost camping outside the store waiting for it. Yet I got it, played it about twice for around about an hour in total and found it to be horrendous. Complete opposite to FFX, a game that I loved from the system to the story to every single other thing in the game. Probably the biggest let down I've witnessed for a game.

I started FFX-2 just yesterday actually again. Just started off some of the basic chapter one side missions, and been doing some publicity and matchmaking too. I did almost get raped by Angra Mainyu in the Bikanel desert before I remembered what it was.