Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

I was thinking about restarting Final Fantasy I after I found Dawn Of Souls the other day. Let me know when we're starting, as I'd need to buy III at some point too. Got IV for the DS and am sure I have the rest too. It'd also make me play XII.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFI - IX = PS1. Several of those pre-VII are also available on the DS...or GBA...or something (I don't pay much attention to Nintendo handhelds so aren't aware of the precise details)

FFX, X-2 & XII = PS2

Edited by stokeriño

I may join in or not, because I dunno I f I wanna interrupt my current porgress.

At the minute im playing Final Fantasy III on the DS and loving it, especially the whole job system. I'm also re-playing VII on my PS2, which I'd started replaying before I bought my 360 six or so months ago.

Im curious though, where'd I get them all.

I mean the original and II are available as a twin pack PS1 game Final FF Origins which I found pretty easily on Amazon and its only about £11.

I have III on the DS, and intend to pick up IV also on the DS when I complete III. I have VI, VII, VIII, IX all on PS1, as well as XII on me PS2. I had X on PS2 but the scratched bastard disc doesn't work anymore :( Nothing I can't easily replace.

So only one I'd need really is V, now I see Final Fantasy Anthology which has V and VI together, but anyone know of anyway I can get V without doubling up on any of the others?

EDIT: I'm totally happy to put III and VII on hold and start with I if we're going to go through with it :)

Edited by Avenged

So I have never ever played a Final Fantasy game. <_< Yes yes, I know hard to believe. Anyways if I should begin playing these games, is there any need to play them on chronological order? Or are they not connected? I mean I know that FF X and X-2 have like linear storylines or whatever but that is the extent of my Final Fantasy knowledge. And it probably even isn't right.

:shifty:

So I have never ever played a Final Fantasy game. <_< Yes yes, I know hard to believe. Anyways if I should begin playing these games, is there any need to play them on chronological order? Or are they not connected? I mean I know that FF X and X-2 have like linear storylines or whatever but that is the extent of my Final Fantasy knowledge. And it probably even isn't right.

:shifty:

No, they're not directly connected (though their are spin-offs/sequels to VII, X and XII as mentioned) though they obviously share common themes.

Well I just ordered FF Origins, and I should have that by Thursday :)

So if ya'll can hold off until then, not that it really matters. Also I think we can have a seperate thread designated to this playthrough? Just so it won't clog up this thread which is mean for general discusion?

Garnet is pretty much useless after you get Eiko, especially during disc 3 when she's distracted. I never really saw too much worth in Amarant either. Quina is either really good or really bad depending on whether you're giving time to catching frogs and learning blue magic, and Freya can be pretty hit and miss too.

The best team for the latter stages (in my opinion) would be Zidane as your jack-of-all-trades, Steiner as your beserker, Vivi for his wonderful black magic and Eiko for her wonderful white.

I always go Zidane-Steiner-Vivi-Garnet or Zidane-Amarant-Vivi-Garnet. Eiko, Quina and Freya got next to no playtime in my games >_>

Garnet is pretty much useless after you get Eiko, especially during disc 3 when she's distracted. I never really saw too much worth in Amarant either. Quina is either really good or really bad depending on whether you're giving time to catching frogs and learning blue magic, and Freya can be pretty hit and miss too.

The best team for the latter stages (in my opinion) would be Zidane as your jack-of-all-trades, Steiner as your beserker, Vivi for his wonderful black magic and Eiko for her wonderful white.

Amarant is a BEAST later on if you let him be, but Ollie's team is the best all-round set-up.

Edited by benji-182