Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do have to pick VIII up again after I spent half an hour getting the Zell card. I'm just too fucking lazy.

Augh, that reminds me of when I tried to get Lion Heart on Disc 1. There's a guide on how to do it over on GameFAQs... it takes twenty damn Elnoyle cards to get the required amount of Pulse Ammo.

Benji, you will play VIII, because it was my first, my favourite, and you like me enough to listen to me.

Ruki, you traitor, I thought FFIX was your favourite :( Or was that Momo?

I do like you enough to listen to you, and luckilly I've got a save at Galbadia, meaning I'm past the fucking arduous intro/lessons, so it might be fun, may well start tomorrow.

It was Momo. Poor, forgettable Momo. :crying:

And play FFIX. We know the music is amazing, right? But just listening to the music is not enough. Play through and at the very least, get to Burmecia, and listen to the music, and the sound of the rain, and look at the ruin the city has fallen into, how depressing the scene is, and how well the music complements that.

That is one of the main reasons I love FFIX, and the use of an Organ doesn't hurt either.

I'm at a pretty decent-sized impasse right now. I'm playing FFIV, and have a save about halfway through the Lunar Subterrane - I'm just above the level where every random encounter is a demiboss-fight with either a Behemoth, a Deathmask, or Zemus' Breath or Malice. I have to run away, at the very least, from the Deathmask fight. I didn't stick around long enough to know what the deal is with the Breath or Malice, but taking out a Behemoth is a boss-worthy task by itself.

Now, I was able to run away far enough to get to the final level, and begin the Zeromus boss fight. I did a pretty decent chunk of damage, but my entire party was put away with a single Big Bang. I'm wondering if it's worth it to continue on and try to find ways to minimize the damage, or just restart (considering in my game now, I have only the augments you get through the story, plus a few more like Level Lust or Item Lore. I didn't know much about how to use or get the Augments in this first play-through.) Are they really that big a deal?

Well here's a pisser for you... playing thru FFT for the zillionth time... got hung up trying to learn Ultima as I always do.

Roomie comes in, and although she hates FFT... loves X, XII.. came in and Beats Elmdor and the two Assassin broads and learns Ultima in like 5 minutes...!!

Now she's playing it thru with me always mentioning how easy this game is...

Edited by darkrayne

I decided to go on with my current game. I finally went through Lair of the Father (the Behemoths weren't so much strong as they were durable as fuck.) and got Bahamut (with only ONE Megaflare getting through. I did straight physicals with Kain and Cecil, Edge threw Shuriken after Shuriken, Rydia battered him with summons, and Rosa healed). I then healed, left, went back to Earth/Gaia/whatever, went to Baron, and got Odin (before he got off a single Zantetsuken - he raised his sword in preparation, and I had Kain Jump (since he's immune to any attack or heal spell, or buff/debuff while he's jumping) - but a few more attacks from Cecil, Edge, Rosa, and Rydia took him down.

I then went back to the Moon, and went inside the Subterrane - I ended up doing a little exploring and found an altar (much like the one I got the Holy Lance from, meaning a demiboss fight is up next) - and fought the White Dragon. I didn't realize that it absorbs Holy. I died. <_<

This bloody thread made me start playing a Final Fantasy game. Unfortunately for me the only one I had to hand was Final Fantasy VIII, I'm just up in the build up to trying to assassinate the Sorceress. I also appear to have lost disk three, which could hinder me actually completing the game.

This bloody thread made me start playing a Final Fantasy game. Unfortunately for me the only one I had to hand was Final Fantasy VIII, I'm just up in the build up to trying to assassinate the Sorceress. I also appear to have lost disk three, which could hinder me actually completing the game.

Aye, it will. Don't worry, I'll lend you disc 3 next Thursday. (Y)

Aye, it will. Don't worry, I'll lend you disc 3 next Thursday. (Y)

Woo, managed to disc 3, that Sorceress is going down.

Anyone else had a gander at the FFXIII demo footage yet? Looking pretty swish if I do say so myself.

It looks positively awesome, and theres a massive buzz going about news-sites on how good this game is actually going to be. Can't wait.

Versus XIII also looks amazing from the limited footage about.

So yeah, the battle where you have a million guards coming at you, and you split your party into 3 groups and fight towards Kefka? Yeah, had a bit of difficulty. I need to do some more training, a lot more.

:z horrible memories. I've never gotten past this bit in the game, when I was younger I had no idea what to do and now that I'm older, I just can't be assed to get to this part >_>

Right, I'm getting the FF itch again, and I think instead of fighting it I should just embrace it and play the shit out of Final Fantasy. But I can't decide which one (and by that I mean which one first, because Summer is approaching and for some reason I always end up going through an FF game or two over the Summer). So my geeky gil collecting friends, which do I go for first?

The choices are IV, V, VI and VII. If someone puts forward a good enough argument I'll play VIII or IX (That's not to say I don't love them, hell, VIII's my favourite, it's just they were the two I did last year), and I'll try my best to find X. XII's off the choice list because I'm still in the midst of training to fight Yiazmat, and I don't fancy starting again until I've killed that marfucker.

So yeah, IV-VII (or X if I can find it), which one EWB?