thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favourite secret/optional boss? It's a fucking hands down win right here:

389137-jumbocactuar8_large.jpg

LOOK AT THE MAGNIFICENT MOUSTACHE!

In all seriousness, I couldn't choose one even if I wanted to, it's one of the many things that makes Final Fantasy so special, the sidequests are something else and every superboss is brilliant in its own way, if I had to choose one games sidebosses I'd go with FFVIII, not just because they were so awesome, but because half of them ended up as your summons too.

That reminds me of this time a friend of mine was doing random battles with nobody but Cid plus a single black Chocobo. Sid was dual-sworded with Excalibur and Chaos Blade, and Blade Grasp on top to take care of evasion, so he was basically unstoppable and my friend was enjoying just wading into battle and laying waste.

...until, that is, he went into a battle against nine Calculators.

Of course, he was more powerful than the Calculators, and he got about three turns to their one. But every time he'd kill three, the rest of the group would calculate Raise and, bam, dead Calculators back. He kept knocking them down, and they kept getting revived, and he never ran out of HP and, because they're Calculators, they never ran out of MP. Kill, kill, kill, revive, revive, revive, boom, boom, boom, down, up, down, up. We called it the Whack-O-Mole battle. He did it for two hours before he came close to throwing the fucking thing out the window.

And damn it, if a FF6 playalong is in the works I might have to go dig my copy out. You guys would have to do this the week I get a Wii, wouldn't you.

Fine, so Final Fantasy XII is being kind of enjoyable at the moment. Just about to leave Nalbina Dungeons.

Favourite first boss: Guard Scorpion from VII

Favourite optional boss: Emerald Weapon from VII

Favourite summon(s): Tonberry (Crisis Core), Doomtrain (VIII), Yojimbo (X)