Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

not sure if this was posted, but...

For fans (Or non-fans?) of FFVIII

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/category/f...sy-viii/page/2/

HAHA. Fucking excellent. Everyone should watch the one off review of FFVII (http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/category/final-fantasy-viii/), just for the ending bit which had me in stitches.

"What could possibly be more scaring to a child?"

*WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU!*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play IX.

It's my favorite out of the lot of them.

Although VI is the best if you have it. =\

No, that's a rubbish suggestion (not the suggestion itself, but the method you used), you're not giving me reason to play it, you're just saying play it, if the choice was that easy I would've made it myself :P

Edited by Benji

Play IX.

No, that's a rubbish suggestion (not the suggestion itself, but the method you used), you're not giving me reason to play it, you're just saying play it, if the choice was that easy I would've made it myself :P

Fair enough. :P

Play Final Fantasy IX because it has Vivi. Should be reason enough. :shifty:

Or, you know, because the storyline is neat (Not the best, but still cool), the char's are also quite good (Quina sucks, that's about it, minus the fact some of the build ups suck =| ), and the final boss is awesome. Not excactly a person who makes long posts, so I dunno what else to say, unless you could be more specific as to what you want in the game, good storyline or whatever, but overall, in my opinion, nine is the best of the lot you listed. :P

Play IX.

Fair enough. :P

Play Final Fantasy IX because it has Vivi. Should be reason enough. :shifty:

Or, you know, because the storyline is neat (Not the best, but still cool), the char's are also quite good (Quina sucks, that's about it, minus the fact some of the build ups suck =| ), and the final boss is awesome. Not excactly a person who makes long posts, so I dunno what else to say, unless you could be more specific as to what you want in the game, good storyline or whatever, but overall, in my opinion, nine is the best of the lot you listed. :P

IX is my favourite, and it's been a while since I completed it, but I the last past Alexandria the last few times restarting and I kind of want something I can jump in and just go all "action", which I suppose is either VII or X if I'm honest. Even so, I keep pulling back to IX.

Is FFXI the only FF game they've done on 360? I didn't even know they were doing the franchise on 360 at all until someone brought it to my attention. I've had a quick look and this is all I can find. Is there a new FF coming on the system or is this all available right now? If it is, is it actually worth it? It seems I can pick it up for about 15 quid, but I wanted to make sure it was at least good.

Benji, you will play VIII, because it was my first, my favourite, and you like me enough to listen to me.

Ruki, you traitor, I thought FFIX was your favourite :( Or was that Momo?

I do like you enough to listen to you, and luckilly I've got a save at Galbadia, meaning I'm past the fucking arduous intro/lessons, so it might be fun, may well start tomorrow.

Can anyone who's played Xenosaga Episode I and II tell me how they compare to the Final Fantasys?

Here's a tip...skip II. It sucks with a vengeance. As for I and III...honestly I prefer them to FF, although it's a matter of personal taste. The cinematics are very long in I, but I really dug the story. I like the setting a lot too, although I am a sucker for spaceships and planets blowing up and shit. The music's awesome, esp. in the first area in III.

I used to really love FF. It jumped the shark with FFX, though. When I first beat it, I remember feeling that it was a great game, but something felt wrong. In retrospect, that was when the series stopped feeling like FF. FFX2 was from the flaming pit of assfire & brimstone. FFXII was alright, but it didn't feel like a FF game to me. I have no desire to play FFXI, as I don't play online RPGs.

No one's favourite is VIII. That link someone posted earlier pretty much covers the majority of the idiotic things with it. :P

While that video review is all kinds of awesome, I strongly disagree, sir. FFVIII was always a favourite of mine!

The only thing I loathe about all the FF's is that once you've beaten all of them to death, on your next play through you find that the entire like first hour... two hours of the game is boring as hell. The start of FFVI can kiss my ass. I love VII but I 100% can't be bothered to play through Midgar pre-Shinra tower stuff. VII is great but fuck playing the 20 tutorials and the Timber mission that's just a solid 3 hours of text and a boss or two >_> IX... eh, I just plain find the start of IX unappealing. The blitzball bits and all the first temple mlarky (sp?) at the start of X is boring as hell. And X-2... well X-2 picks up after the mission after Gagazet, but still, that's a while.

I just plain don't remember XII ever being very fun.I like the storyline, but apart from finding a black chocobo and marking a little bit, all I can even remember from the game is grinding, grinding, grinding, grinding. >_> I really didn't enjoy the XII battle system that much either. Gimmie the X or IX one any day of the week.

Also, Dirty Johnny, FFXIII is coming out on 360 I think. Only 360 though, the second game/add on/whatever the hell it is, is a PS3 exclusive.

No one's favourite is VIII. That link someone posted earlier pretty much covers the majority of the idiotic things with it. :P

While that video review is all kinds of awesome, I strongly disagree, sir. FFVIII was always a favourite of mine!

The only thing I loathe about all the FF's is that once you've beaten all of them to death, on your next play through you find that the entire like first hour... two hours of the game is boring as hell. The start of FFVI can kiss my ass. I love VII but I 100% can't be bothered to play through Midgar pre-Shinra tower stuff. VII is great but fuck playing the 20 tutorials and the Timber mission that's just a solid 3 hours of text and a boss or two >_> IX... eh, I just plain find the start of IX unappealing. The blitzball bits and all the first temple mlarky (sp?) at the start of X is boring as hell. And X-2... well X-2 picks up after the mission after Gagazet, but still, that's a while.

I just plain don't remember XII ever being very fun.I like the storyline, but apart from finding a black chocobo and marking a little bit, all I can even remember from the game is grinding, grinding, grinding, grinding. >_> I really didn't enjoy the XII battle system that much either. Gimmie the X or IX one any day of the week.

Also, Dirty Johnny, FFXIII is coming out on 360 I think. Only 360 though, the second game/add on/whatever the hell it is, is a PS3 exclusive.

Of course the beginnings of the games are slow - the game doesn't know that you're playing it for a second/third/<number> time. It's showing how to play it again. <_<

As for FFXIII's whole brood... IIRC, only regular XIII is coming out for the PS3 and the 360. FF Agito XIII is a PSP exclusive, and FF Versus XIII is PS3 exclusive.

Of course the beginnings of the games are slow - the game doesn't know that you're playing it for a second/third/<number> time. It's showing how to play it again. <_<

Yes, but VII, X and possibly IX (I can't really remember) are quite happy to have some kind of question for if you want the explanations, for example:

Barrett: "Could you teach me how to use Materia?"

Answer Yes: You get the tutorial for how to use Materia.

Answer No: Barret throws a quick hissy and just lets you get on with the game instead of explaining.

Where as VIII pretty much has Qustis say "YOU KNOW HOW DO THIS YEAH? NO YOU DONT? OK THEN GIVE ME 20 MINITUES TO EXPLAIN HERE..." As much as I love VIII, the first while kills me. >_>

Then again, I suppose if they never gave any explanation how to play the games in the first place, I'd be coming in here complaining about how I didn't know what to do the first time through. As a matter of fact, despite hundreds of times reading that bloody VIII tutorial on junctioning magic to stat attacks, I still don't really get it.

So in conclusion, Red XIII > All. :shifty:

Yes, but VII, X and possibly IX (I can't really remember) are quite happy to have some kind of question for if you want the explanations, for example:

Barrett: "Could you teach me how to use Materia?"

Answer Yes: You get the tutorial for how to use Materia.

Answer No: Barret throws a quick hissy and just lets you get on with the game instead of explaining.

Where as VIII pretty much has Qustis say "YOU KNOW HOW DO THIS YEAH? NO YOU DONT? OK THEN GIVE ME 20 MINITUES TO EXPLAIN HERE..." As much as I love VIII, the first while kills me. >_>

Then again, I suppose if they never gave any explanation how to play the games in the first place, I'd be coming in here complaining about how I didn't know what to do the first time through. As a matter of fact, despite hundreds of times reading that bloody VIII tutorial on junctioning magic to stat attacks, I still don't really get it.

So in conclusion, Red XIII > All. :shifty:

You know you can exit the tutorials by pressing the Circle or Triangle (I can't remember right offhand, I usually mess around with the controls a little bit when I play) - as soon as the tutorial pops up, just mash the button.

I actually like playing through the start of VII its the Kalm flashback that really drains me and takes me about 3 attempts to get through.

Definitely. It's fun to go through the first time, and the second time once you know all the little things you can do (like finding Tifa's orthopedic underwear), but any time after, it just gets tiring.

I may consider buying a PS3 for versus XIII, as its being toted as the most dark and depressing FF yet. Which doesn't say much for my psyche, but I just feel this would make it an awesome story. Plus the fact the trailers look Badass.

And onto why I'm making this post in the first place.

Does anyone here play FFXI? If so, can they tell me if it ever gets good? Because I've read up on it and they say that after about 10 or so hours on it you'll be hooked. Ive notched up about 10 hours now, and while the game does have a sense of immersion, it also has a sense of "What the fuck am I meant to do?" And "Why the fuck is the very first quest I find only do-able in a group?" And "Really, what the fuck am I doing?". I really want to enjoy the game, but its just...not...fun so far.