The Thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXUQjNkx-5M...feature=related

The Thing.

It's lethal, infectious, and Norweigan in origin. It's like GoGo Yubari with tentacles. It's coming for you, and it could be anywhere, and anyone, and you wouldn't know until it was too late...

This game will be mostly traditional in nature.

Roleclaims will mean very little since most of the roles will be vanilla and the power assignements may or may not follow any logical pattern. Also, just because you have a role that was a good guy all the way through doesn't mean that you won't end up as scum, due to the nature of the game mechanics.

I'm going to buck the trend of SDM "OMGWTF SURPRISE" swerve games and clusterfucks and run this game with an open setup. By knowing in advance what you have at your disposal, you'll know largely how things need to go in order to win; when you hit lylo, things like that.

So, 12 player game.

Standard mafia rules apply. Don't post any quotes of PMs I send you, no talking outside the game thread, no sex in the champagne room, etc etc etc.

Four power roles.

A cop. He can send me a PM once each night and investigate a player. His results will always be accurate.

A doctor. Each night, he can PM me the name of a player. That player will be immune from conversion. He cannot protect himself.

A paranoid gun owner. A wildcard role. It has the potential to end the game on night one if the scum target him, but can also cripple the town utterly by killing the doctor or the cop.

The scum. What exactly you call the scum role is up to you. Werewolf, vampire, cult recruiter. For theme purposes, he is The Thing. Each night, he PMs me the name of a player. That player then becomes The Thing as well. He has no protection, and he is the only one who can recruit. Once he dies, the remaining Thing are on their own.

Each day, the town can lynch a player they suspect of being The Thing. They can deduce this however they like.

The game ends when The Thing has been eliminated or when they outnumber the town.

Since it's critical to make every lynch count, only join if you plan to be active and pay attention.

Edited by SeanDMan