The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

• Admin

I've been hearing some vicious rumours the past couple of days, and now it's started appearing on a couple of websites / papers, so I thought I'd share:

Michael Owen is apparently on the brink of signing for Blackburn, and the Van Nistelrooy comments from Sam (as well as the comments regarding Owen himself) were a smokescreen to hide it.

We're also apparently going to offer Andy van der Meyde a deal

Make or break for Owen, I'm sure Big Sam had a long hard look at that brochure lol

Anyways, i'm not hoping for anything special from Antonio Valencia. We were promised the two best youth players in Nani and Anderson and they turned out to be flops.

Looks like Benzema's probably off to Real Madrid.

Anyways, i'm not hoping for anything special from Antonio Valencia. We were promised the two best youth players in Nani and Anderson and they turned out to be flops.

No they didn't. Nani had a good first season, and a poor second season (not that he played much), and Anderson has steadily improved. He's quick, he's strong, he's a good passer, and he can defend too. The only thing he can't do is score goals. Fergie knew that when he signed him, since he wasn't exactly prolific at Porto. If he can improve in that area then he'll be pretty much a complete midfielder. And he's only 21. Bear in mind that before he joined United, he was on the sidelines for six months with a broken leg.

You're the only United fan I've ever heard call Anderson a flop. Nani, at best, will be a good winger who scores a few goals. Anderson has what it takes to be world class.

Edited by Lord Nibbler

Make or break for Owen, I'm sure Big Sam had a long hard look at that brochure lol

Since when is Anderson a flop? He has his shitty/average games, but he also has great games, especially for his age. I do agree with Nani that he's a flop and should probably be sold back to Sporting CP or something. Man Utd now have Tosic to fill his bench-warming spot. I'd go for Robben if I was Man Utd :blush:

He is a flop because he was brought under the premise that he was an attacking midfielder with the flair of a young Ronaldinho. Instead, we get Ferguson reverting him to a defensive midfielder (Like he did with Alan Smith) and when Anderson gets on the attack, his final product is woeful. Fair enough he has a few good games, but in my eyes he is a flop. Please Sir Alex, make him an attacking midfielder again and prove me wrong.

He is a flop because he was brought under the premise that he was an attacking midfielder with the flair of a young Ronaldinho. Instead, we get Ferguson reverting him to a defensive midfielder (Like he did with Alan Smith) and when Anderson gets on the attack, his final product is woeful. Fair enough he has a few good games, but in my eyes he is a flop. Please Sir Alex, make him an attacking midfielder again and prove me wrong.

If he's rubbish at scoring, why would you want him to play more attacking?

I guess Stevie Reid is getting lonely and wants some company in the treatment centre all year.

Why, has he and Dunn had a falling out?

I can't see us getting Owen for many reasons, the main which I don't think he and Big Sam get along at all.

Errr, nobody claimed Anderson as a young Ronaldinho and anybody who did is simply a shit source, so stop listening to them. Anderson being a flop is a joke, because he's far from it. He's actually been a really important player and is pretty damn great for his age. He shows signs of brilliant attacking (some of his runs with the ball at times are great) but still has many places to improve upon in going forward. He's really a midfielder who can go back and forward, not an all out attacking midfielder. He's pretty damn tough as well and has great speed and awareness and can only improve from this point on. I'm just baffled as to why you'd call him a flop. You could hold a stronger case for Nani, because I don't feel he's delivered on the scale that some believed, but again he's young and this is England, he's still learning the ways of everything and has shown flashes of brilliance at times and can surely only improve from here on.

Also, the Benzema to Madrid rumour is apparently bollocks. And personally I don't see him going there anyway. I'm almost wishing for their death right now, because it seems they want to purchase every great player possible just in a bid to stop anybody else having them, the cunts.

Edit: As for Valencia, I'll wait and see how he does. Hopefully it turns out to be a good buy and clearly SAF thinks highly of him after tracking him for a year or two. I'm not a huge fan, but hopefully he proves people wrong. And on the mention of Hargreaves above, hopefully he's fit for the new season. If he isn't, then surely he has to look to retire from the game all together. It's a shame, because he never really got a proper chance at United due to so many injuries, hopefully he gets a bit of luck from here on and manages to turn it all around, but I'm not too confident of that.

Edited by Scum Fan 4 Life

• Admin
I guess Stevie Reid is getting lonely and wants some company in the treatment centre all year.

I can't see us getting Owen for many reasons, the main which I don't think he and Big Sam get along at all.

I'm hoping the Owen rumours are bollocks too.

BUT ENOUGH OF YOUR DUNN BASHING YOUNG MAN. IT'S EMERTON vs THOMPSON ALL OVER AGAIN ISN'T IT :angry:

I don't know why you guys are all 'let Benzema go to Real, we don't need him'. I actually think he would do really well at Man Utd, probably better than Tevez. The guy is barely 21 and is already a regular for France, scored 17 goals this season and the season before that he was the top goalscorer of Ligue 1 at the age of 19. He truly is the future of France, there's no denying that and with Fergie and Meulensteen's guidance he'll become even better than he is now. If they buy him it means Rooney will not play striker, so that might be an obstacle. If Arsenal manages to buy Benzema, which I highly doubt, I can see Arsenal contending for the title.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

As I said before, I fear Arsenal getting him, because he's the type of player that Wenger would get the best out of and he's got potential to be unbelievable if you ask me. I still couldn't care what anybody says about him apparently not 'proving' himself yet, because I think that's complete nonsense. I'd LOVE to see him playing alongside Rooney and I actually feel he really is the main player we should be pursuing right now, because I cant think of many others that we can get for that price (35M) in that role that are potentially as great as him. Which is why I want Madrid to die for trying to hijack our move for him, after they just fucking signed Kaka and Ronaldo for crying out loud.

BUT ENOUGH OF YOUR DUNN BASHING YOUNG MAN. IT'S EMERTON vs THOMPSON ALL OVER AGAIN ISN'T IT :angry:

Actually, Owen's goals to games ratio is very good when compared to other strikers who have gone for massive prices. But yes, we already have one great goalhanging striker.

As for Dunn, yes, it probably is. >_> But he is injury prone which is a fact if you love or hate him. :P

• Admin

Actually, Owen's goals to games ratio is very good when compared to other strikers who have gone for massive prices. But yes, we already have one great goalhanging striker.

As for Dunn, yes, it probably is. >_> But he is injury prone which is a fact if you love or hate him. :P

Just remember that history shows I was right in the Emerton / Thompson debate :shifty:

You know, if you weren't married I could get you well in with a good looking Blackburn girl who is a family friend of the Dunn's so you could carry on your lust for pie eating footballers. :shifty:

And yes, you were.

• Admin
You know, if you weren't married I could get you well in with a good looking Blackburn girl who is a family friend of the Dunn's so you could carry on your lust for pie eating footballers. :shifty:.

Engaged, not married. Nothing's confirmed yet. Now about this Blackburn girl.... :shifty: