General boxing thread

EddieG

What I like about British boxing at the minute is there are a few fighters on the cusp if being big draws. Whether that develops I don't know but at least there are good boxers out there to fly the flag

That's it though - we talk about various prospects and potential draws, but there hasn't been a breakthrough for a little while.

Groves just picked up a fairly uninspiring victory with a TKO finish in the 7th.

What I like about British boxing at the minute is there are a few fighters on the cusp if being big draws. Whether that develops I don't know but at least there are good boxers out there to fly the flag

That's it though - we talk about various prospects and potential draws, but there hasn't been a breakthrough for a little while.

Anthony Joshua is the one I'd back my cart to.

Tonight at the Excel Arena, Chris Eubank Jr challenges Billy Joe Saunders for the European Middleweight Title (The match is also a World Middleweight Eliminator), Derek Chisora defends the European Heavyweight Title against Tyson Fury in a match that is also for a mandatory shot at Wladimir Klitschko. Show starts on BoxNation in the UK at 8pm and is being streamed on ESPN3 in the US.

I think Saunders will take the decision against Eubank Jr and Fury will stop Chisora in the middle rounds.