General boxing thread

EddieG

I've read conflicting reports about that, but I suspect Floyd could absolutely do it because money talks. I imagine that's also why plenty of people within the boxing press have brushed off Floyd's history of domestic abuse as a series of light scuffles. If, and it might be a big if, it's true, it reinforces my desire to see Pacquiao give him a tidy beating.

Did you really need another reason to see Floyd get beat? Repeat domestic abuser should be sufficient.

Wife beater vs Politician that hates gays

Best reason to pirate this fight

• Like 3

Did you really need another reason to see Floyd get beat? Repeat domestic abuser should be sufficient.

I hate pirating and if I wanted to watch this that's the way I would do it. I didn't know that about Pac though. Damn I thought there was a babyface in this fight and there is not

I hate pirating and if I wanted to watch this that's the way I would do it. I didn't know that about Pac though. Damn I thought there was a babyface in this fight and there is not

Brock Lesnar runs into the ring in the sixth round and drops both guys with an F-5. Boom! Happy ending.

• Like 1

I thought about that before posting and decided it would still be pleasing. Maybe another bigot can run out and get him in a never-ending chain.

In further fuckery, as Mayweather is a HBO guy, and Pacman a Showtime guy, they have two different announcers. And if the fight goes 12 rounds, the announcing of the scorecards will be done alternately.

I'm not watching (I would consider going to a friend's place but it's finals week), but the fight is exciting in that it's something that I remember talking about when I was like a sophomore in high school, and now it's finally here even if it is late as fuck. That said, I'll be happy for it to be over so boxing so go back to it's general irrelevancy.

• Like 2

You only get 3 fights for $100?!? Wow Boxing sucks

To be fair, I don't think most outside of boxing fans really cares about the undercard. Just throw a couple fights beforehand so everyone can get nice and drunk. It's more of a hinderance than anything else.

Sports are full of scumbags, be them boxers, trainers or promoters. Deciding who to root for is often a case of deciding which fighter is the less scumbaggy.

I fixed that for you. Let's face it, if you're watching sports and deciding on who to cheer for by what they do outside the sport then you're setting yourself up for failure.

• Like 2

Forgive me if I'm over-simplifying it, or just flat out wrong, but is the whole "Pacquiao is a homophobe" thing not just because of the mindset of his political affiliation in a (for want of a better term) backwards country rather than him ever being openly homophobic? That was my understanding of the matter, anyway, but I wouldn't swear to it being a fact.