General boxing thread

EddieG

Geez, so this was supposedly boxing's last great fight, and from what I hear it was fucking boring. As I said to my brother, it's no wonder boxing is dying. The biggest fight in years is 100 bucks on PPV, and to be there live, the fucking cheapest seat is 10000 bucks. And what we get is boring as Mayweather? Fuck that, good riddance boxing.

• Like 2

To be fair, you all must've known this was how it would go. That's how Mayweather fights. A Mayweather points victory was always the smart money.

I disagree with the margin. Hell, I disagree with the decision to be fair - but that's mainly because I don't think you should be rewarded in boxing for holding and running away.

• Like 1

I think we'll look back on this fight as something that would have been infinitely better 5 years ago. Unfortunately, it was delayed to the point where Pacquiao had declined enough to be handled.

To be fair, you all must've known this was how it would go. That's how Mayweather fights. A Mayweather points victory was always the smart money.

I disagree with the margin. Hell, I disagree with the decision to be fair - but that's mainly because I don't think you should be rewarded in boxing for holding and running away.

That's how boxing has been scored for a very long time.

Floyd Mayweather basically uses the Jose Mourinho tactics. And in boxing he can get decision victories out of it since he can get pummeled but if it's all in one round it doesn't matter.

I just don't have the energy to type what I would like to see done differently in professional boxing.

I just don't care enough about it to ever go back. The golden age of this dance was well before my time and I would rather do many other things than to try and enjoy this outdated sport.

• Like 2

Mayweather does it to the extreme to be fair.

And my only point was that I don't think it should be scored like that, irrespective of how long it has or hasn't been happening.

You're supposed to score "effective aggression", unfortunately Mayweather doesn't show any aggression. He gets points for holding and running. He'll never go down as one of the all time greats because of that, in my opinion.

• Like 1