General boxing thread

EddieG

"What I said is a reporter asked me about gay marriage .... I am against gay marriage, but I'm not condemning gays," the boxer said in an interview with The Times. "I have family — a cousin — who's gay, and friends too. I'm just against gay marriage. I don't even want to talk about the issue, but I was asked about it, so I gave my opinion."

Not great, but hardly worth stringing him up over. Mayweather also has a history of homophobic remarks, although I personally don't really have an issue with people calling other people faggot.

Hmmm... yeah, that's not the greatest quote ever but it doesn't particularly come across as homophobic, just a bit archaic... which is kinda what I thought. He's not exactly from the most forward-minded country. It's not correct but it's not the same as "fucking queer bumboys, what the fuck is wrong with them, they should be rounded up and shot, the fucking mincers". Sometimes we do have to take a step back and realise that not everyone in the world has moved into the 21st century way of thinking and that doesn't necessarily mean they're bad people, just that they're wrong and don't understand any better.

Anyway, enough of that, it isn't the place for it: Mayweather by split decision I reckon, that or a round 10/11 TKO for FMJr.... I hope I'm wrong because I want the PacMan to win, I think he's been the best boxer in my time of watching boxing; unfortunately I think the fight has come a couple of years too late for him.

• Admin
0352: "Apparently - and inevitably - the Pay Per View is playing up in the States, which could delay the main event. By quite some time... If people don't get to see this fight because of a cable balls-up, we might have one hell of a scandal on our hands."

0352: "Apparently - and inevitably - the Pay Per View is playing up in the States, which could delay the main event. By quite some time... If people don't get to see this fight because of a cable balls-up, we might have one hell of a scandal on our hands."

Yep. The announcers just mentioned this hiccup on the live stream. It's 30 minutes until midnight on the east coast. I cannot imagine the shitstorm if this gets delayed constantly and then goes less than three rounds.

Sp Floud fights just suck then?

Honestly...yeah.

Usually he wins by decision.

The Ricky Hatton fight was a lot of fun though, that was...fuck that was a long time ago. I thought Hatton had him to, wish Hatton had smashed his face, but Mayweather ended up winning.