General boxing thread

EddieG

Are you sure they'll get paid more if it goes the full distance? What incentive would they have to go for a stoppage? Whatever the case, I'm still expecting some sort of judging controversy to occur so that the possibility of a rematch is given more fuel.

I think he'll put in a performance worthy of a comfortable points victory, but I'd question whether or not at least one of the judges makes the final scorecard look much closer than it should have been. Boxing is a business before it's a sport, and I can see the promoters leaping at the prospect of a rematch, and a contrived "close" verdict would go a long way towards that goal.

• Like 1

Mayweather with the comfortable decision. As much as I want Manny to win, there's a reason Mayweather is unbeaten. He's defensively spot on and he's got a better chin than Manny.

• Like 2

In 2010 I think Manny wins one of the best fights of all time, in 2015 I think Mayweather wins one of the most underwhelming fights of all time. I think PacMan has to get pretty lucky to beat him now, though I really hope he does

• Like 1

Normal seat prices were 10 grand, ringside seats at 100k, apparently only around 1000 tickets were actually up for sale, the rest all comped.

Best case scenario for either guy would be Manny winning, actually, to facilitate a rematch that could equal this fight. If Floyd wins then a rematch would still make money but not as much, I think.

Best scenario for either guy if Floyd wouldn't probably self-destruct at a 1 in the L column.

Mayweather beat Big Show, so I make him 48-0. While that sounds like a stupid joke, I'm sure I remember one of the WWE commentators unconvincingly trying to claim that Floyd's Wrestlemania victory added another victory to his career win/loss record. Of course, he hasn't faced Brock Lesnar yet, so his streak lacks legitimacy.

• Like 2