The Scottish Football thread

METALMAN

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see it as a big issue, between the one last week as Newcastles closest home game to it (since when was that a thing?), the actual 11am yesterday, the three pre tv match ones yesterday and 11am today I've had about 9 minutes silence altogether, which almost diminishes the whole thing. Football shouldn't need to tell me to do it.

I go to football to get away from all of the stress of real life, I don't like it when it gets all political. I hate minutes silences when I am at the game.

That's it really, as a matchgoing footie fan I've had more minutes silence than anyone else since I obviously observed the actual 11am. That doesn't mean I'm showing any more respect than anyone else, it just means I'm told to shut up because MOTD will be doing a silence montage.

I'm sure they only used to do it for actual Rememberance Sunday games, the week before is just daft. I do approve of the auctioned poppy kits though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Celtic player James Forrest has been arrested in connection with an alleged sexual assault, police have said.
The 22-year-old midfielder has been reported to the procurator fiscal over alleged offences of public indecency and sexual assault.
The incidents were alleged to have happened in Prestwick, South Ayrshire, earlier this month.
Celtic said the player had been included in the squad for the Champions League match with AC Milan.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman confirmed: "A 22-year-old man is subject to a report to the procurator fiscal in connection with allegations of public indecency and sexual assault in Prestwick between 11pm on Saturday 9 November and 2am on Sunday 10 November."