Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

So after playing the game for a bit, I'm getting the hang of it. My shows aren't great yet, but I think they will be once I get some bigger stars and start booking bigger venues. The only criticism I have so far is with the crashing. It's happened a few times. We'll see what happens as time goes on.

I've been playing it quite a bit today and haven't really seen any crashes so I wonder what we are doing differently. Do you use the automate button when setting up events?

Guest JukeboxHero

So after playing the game for a bit, I'm getting the hang of it. My shows aren't great yet, but I think they will be once I get some bigger stars and start booking bigger venues. The only criticism I have so far is with the crashing. It's happened a few times. We'll see what happens as time goes on.

I've been playing it quite a bit today and haven't really seen any crashes so I wonder what we are doing differently. Do you use the automate button when setting up events?

No I have not. I've been going about as normal setting up matches and whatnot and it would crash. It's only happened a couple of times, so I'm not too fussed about it. I think I'm just playing it too fast.

More importantly, what did you buy your dad?

Wrestling Manager

His dad will wish he'd have bought him coal instead.

Do you mean the expansion pack featuring Mitchell Coal commentary?

No I have not. I've been going about as normal setting up matches and whatnot and it would crash. It's only happened a couple of times, so I'm not too fussed about it. I think I'm just playing it too fast.

Ok, imagine this. Next week, your copy of WWE 12 is in your hands. You put it in your system of choice. You happily play the game until it's time to finish up the match and hit the Rough Rider...the game freezes. You shrug it off. You restart and try again, it freezes. You panic. Each time you try, the same result.

Would you be so apologetic then?

"Oh, well. It's my fault really. I'll just use the Zack Attack instead. :)"

• Like 5

Serious Parody, some constructive criticism on how to improve this game:

Your graphics artist should be fired.

Your legal department should be fired.

• Like 1

I've missed most of the discussion here but you got some horrendous legal advice going ahead with these characters. They don't tread on the line they cross it and I'd be pretty worried about a letter showing up at your door sometime soon from WWE.

That said, take it off the App Store and spend the time required to change around things to avoid any problems that will cost you more than the money you will ever make from the game.

Ok, imagine this. Next week, your copy of WWE 12 is in your hands. You put it in your system of choice. You happily play the game until it's time to finish up the match and hit the Rough Rider...the game freezes. You shrug it off. You restart and try again, it freezes. You panic. Each time you try, the same result.

The crashes are embarrassing, I'm simply trying to find out what people are doing differently that is causing it to crash so that I can get it fixed more efficiently.

Guest JukeboxHero

1. A lot of apps crash or freeze on the iPad if you try doing things too fast. It's happened to me with other apps.

2. There's a difference between a big budget $60 game and a $10 iPad game. I have freezing issues with Madden sometimes and it sucks. That shouldn't happen on a title from a polished company like EA.

3. I've only had it crash like twice in the span of a couple of hours. It's not horrible. He also said a patch if forthcoming. Didn't Rylad release a patch for his CBH demo the same day the demo came out? It happens.

4. I've seen enough footage of Zack Ryder doing the Rough Ryder in WWE 12 and it works, so you're scenario is unlikely to take place.

Edited by JukeboxHero

You see I use that quite a lot, then just edit the card. So it might be something to do with that. I'll have the team explore what's going on there. Thanks for the feedback.