Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Ooh, didnt know tbey had 40k for pc, color me intruiged

Dawn of War is the first. There are several stand-alone expansions for it, and Dawn of War II is also out with at least one expansion that I know of. DoWII and it's expansion are in the bundle as well. They're all RTS similar to Company of Heroes. Made by the same company.

I've got Dawn of War and all the expansions. Think I got sidetracked and lost interest after the first expansion. I've been meaning to get back into it for several months/few years now.

So the Escapists is on special I see. Somehow I don't think I'll be able to avoid purchasing it.

I've got Dawn of War and all the expansions. Think I got sidetracked and lost interest after the first expansion. I've been meaning to get back into it for several months/few years now.

So the Escapists is on special I see. Somehow I don't think I'll be able to avoid purchasing it.

Hold on for a little longer....it's been on sale at a better price. It'll be cheaper during the SUmmer Steam Sale.

Speaking of: It starts June 11th.

• Like 2

The Escapists is such a fun game to run around on for a couple of hours hee and there. The intrducton of the DLC maps has just expanded on the fun. I am yet to try the Alcatraz map yet though.

If you see it cheaper during the sale, I'd definitely recommend picking it up.

• Like 1

I love the let's play videos on the escapists by this guy with a Russian accent on YouTube. Granted part of it is him misunderstanding English and doing silly things like trying to bring down a vent with foil instead of a file but they are helpful and fun to watch.

Honestly, I found that silly more than anything else. For a game that clearly sets out to be edgy, it comes across as a campy sadist fantasy that tries so hard to shock that it ends up being a slapdash self-parody. If there were some kind of proper story to it, the game would rightfully take its place in the bowels of gaming infamy, but as it is, I'm almost laughing - at the developers, mind, not with them. This might appeal to the people who play Grand Theft Auto and ignore the missions completely in favour of maniacal killing sprees, but I think anyone else will simply be bored.

One one hand no console version of X-Com 2. :( Then again, on the other hand, there's no chance it'd be on PS3 anyway and I've no plans to upgrade to one of the current gen consoles so that doesn't really affect me I guess.

The thing that does bother me slightly is that essentially the aliens won the last game? I get that yeah it makes sense that they did because they were much more powerful and numerous than X-Com but it feels like the first game lied to me. :crying: I did get a laugh out of the 'welcome back commander' line at the end of the video though. If I'd failed that badly the first time, they should have fired me. :P

Edited by The Rabbitman

Steam Sale is close.. They've got the Mysterious Badge listed. Crafting a badge earns you a card which goes to the collection. The badge is not yet craftable yet, but I am ready for it!

But yeah. Last year the sale started about 5 or so days after the cards appeared so it is close.

One one hand no console version of X-Com 2. :( Then again, on the other hand, there's no chance it'd be on PS3 anyway and I've no plans to upgrade to one of the current gen consoles so that doesn't really affect me I guess.

The thing that does bother me slightly is that essentially the aliens won the last game? I get that yeah it makes sense that they did because they were much more powerful and numerous than X-Com but it feels like the first game lied to me. :crying: I did get a laugh out of the 'welcome back commander' line at the end of the video though. If I'd failed that badly the first time, they should have fired me. :P

They're so secretive that they can't recruit from outside anymore :shifty:

Shame about the lack of console edition, I thought it sold okay but did notice you never saw Enemy Within in shops so probably a sign of it not doing great on retail for them.

In sequel news... The Fallout Facebook page has just posted a "Please Stand By" message so it looks like that's another game about to be announced.

• Like 1