Benji

SO..uhh...I dunno if this counts as a spoiler or not..?

Arrow

Now, I'm pretty sure that WB's desire to keep its films and televisions shows separate from each other (and keeping Nolan's films separate from them all) means this will never happen, but Liam Neeson would totally play Ra's al Ghul on Arrow. He told MTV:

No, I haven't [been approached], I haven't at all. I would, in a heartbeat, if it came my way, yeah, very much so.

In the event that he doesn't get to reprise the role, he had some advice for his successor:

They have to believe in their philosophy. Ra's al Ghul absolutely believed what he was doing was ultimately saving civilization, and it was quite a good argument he comes up with. Throughout the ages this fraternity, that brought the plague to wipe out a section of mankind because it needed to be regenerated again. Very dangerous, but you have to believe it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New episode of Arrow comes on tomorrow, right? And has The Flash already aired? Don't wanna google around since I already had some of the wrestling I missed spoiled earlier today. Don't want that to happen to anything else.

So Merlyn is the one that killed her,right?

I'm going more towards Ra's al Ghul, or atleast someone from the League of Assassins sent by him.

Olicity :w00t:

Diggles a daddy :w00t:

Captain Lance :w00t:

Peter Stormare :w00t: hopefully recurring!

Roy as Red Arrow :w00t:

Sara :w00t:

Sara :(

Sara :crying:

So Merlyn is the one that killed her,right?

I'm going more towards Ra's al Ghul, or atleast someone from the League of Assassins sent by him.

Olicity :w00t:

Diggles a daddy :w00t:

Captain Lance :w00t:

Peter Stormare :w00t: hopefully recurring!

Roy as Red Arrow :w00t:

Sara :w00t:

Sara :(

Sara :crying:

So happy this show is back, still my favourite.

NO NO NO NO

This is the worst thing that ever happened ever in anything :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Dammit

Expanding on this a bit...

I think I made it clear how annoyed I would be if they killed off Sara but the way they did it was even worse. She just randomly shows up in the middle of the climatic fight only to die a few minutes later? That's some major shoehorning right there. I am intrigued where they go from here but the setup was painful.

Beyond that, despite being an enjoyable episode overall, the editing and scene sequences were all over the place and really took me out of what would have been a very solid start.

Edited by livid

Spoilers because...well i dunno and I'm not taking the chance

Apparently, after hearing he'd be interested in reprising Ra's al Ghul, the producers approached Liam Neeson about doing it, but he was/is going to be filming a movie when they needed him

Spoilers because...well i dunno and I'm not taking the chance

Apparently, after hearing he'd be interested in reprising Ra's al Ghul, the producers approached Liam Neeson about doing it, but he was/is going to be filming a movie when they needed him

I would much rather see him in this show as Ra's than any other shitty Taken adaptation that he would be doing. I love Liam and he needs to come back to this role.

• Like 1

I thought it was decent but not amazing or anything. It was pretty melodramatic but that's to be expected. Katie Cassidy's terrible acting is not helping me get over the fact that I think they made a mistake.

She continues to be the worst part of the show. It's like they're just incapable of writing her character, so much of what she did was so fucking stupid. "YOU FAILED LAST TIME OLIVER", and what the fuck are you going to do, Laurel? She's just such a stupid dick. I get that she's crazy heartbroken, but at what point does any person think they can take down an assassin that felled another assassin AND nearly killed the vigilante.

Just so fucking stupid.

Otherwise it was a decent episode, but it's going to take a fucking lot to convince me that losing Sara for Laurel was a remotely good idea.