Benji

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...how hard is the first half of season one going to be to get through?

Not very. Its not BAD at all, just compared to the rest of season 1, its a little slower paced

Lazarus Pits, now's your time to shine in live action!

Edited by Kirkland

So...how hard is the first half of season one going to be to get through?

Not very. Its not BAD at all, just compared to the rest of season 1, its a little slower paced

Yeah, some of the flashback scenes are a little heavy handed but honestly I didn't find a lot wrong with the first season at all.

Okay, it's SHIELD that's the slog then?

Yea, again, the first half of SHIELD wasn't terrible, but more finding its footing. The follow up episode to Thor: Dark World was great and showed what the show can do when it had a clear direction. It featured Lady Sif and was directed by Commander Riker!

Episode 16 and 17 bookend Captain America Winter Soldier. Thats when it really comes together.

So, as far as the recent episode goes:

You did see all of the scars on Oliver's body, right? You've seen the fights in which he's been. You've seen what he's survived before. Getting stabbed through a lung is, oddly enough, survivable, albeit unlikely. The cold may help - reduced circulation and all that. The real issue is whether his body could withstand the fall.

Honestly, though, the moment he actually chose a weapon, I knew Oliver was going to lose. The only chance he may have had was in hand-to-hand combat, and even then, it was unlikely.

I think Ra's knows that Oliver didn't kill Sarah, which is why he mentioned Queen taking him for a fool, and also why Oliver was stabbed through the chest instead of through the heart.

Well, if you're going to do a cliffhanger, you might as well have your titular character fall off of a cliff.

So, as far as the recent episode goes:

You did see all of the scars on Oliver's body, right? You've seen the fights in which he's been. You've seen what he's survived before. Getting stabbed through a lung is, oddly enough, survivable, albeit unlikely. The cold may help - reduced circulation and all that. The real issue is whether his body could withstand the fall.

Honestly, though, the moment he actually chose a weapon, I knew Oliver was going to lose. The only chance he may have had was in hand-to-hand combat, and even then, it was unlikely.

I think Ra's knows that Oliver didn't kill Sarah, which is why he mentioned Queen taking him for a fool, and also why Oliver was stabbed through the chest instead of through the heart.

Well, if you're going to do a cliffhanger, you might as well have your titular character fall off of a cliff.

What happened in this episode is the opposite of a cliff HANGER!

I'm really wondering how they're going to explain him getting stabbed through the chest, falling off a mountain, and somehow surviving that - while making it remotely close to believable.

Lazarus Pits, now's your time to shine in live action!

Now for what I came in here for

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=768498516568751&set=vb.146921975393078&type=2&theater

• Like 1

I'm going to go ahead and say this is shaping up to be the best portrayal of R'as Al Ghul yet.

Maybe the writing. The actor bores me to absolute tears.

Great episode outside of that, though. Feels like we're heading towards some sort of slight timeskip in the second half of the season with

The Atom having taken over as the hero of Starling City and Ollie needing to find his way back into a new status quo.

• Like 1

I'm going to go ahead and say this is shaping up to be the best portrayal of R'as Al Ghul yet.

Maybe the writing. The actor bores me to absolute tears.

Great episode outside of that, though. Feels like we're heading towards some sort of slight timeskip in the second half of the season with

The Atom having taken over as the hero of Starling City and Ollie needing to find his way back into a new status quo.

Well, an interview with the showrunner said

The first 3 of the episodes focus heavily on Roy protecting the city

Also, supposedly

Steven Amell isn't in the first 5 or so episodes

One other thing I've read:

\

3 episodes are going to center on Laurel. Whether its a 3 episode arc where she becomes Canary at the end or it happens at the beginning on middle, I have no idea.

Personally, I'd like to see a swerve where the League recovers Sara's corpse, revives her in a Lazarus Pit, and we get a Canary vs. Canary fight.

That would be a guest host I'd love to see. I can just see him doing the Hugh Jackman thing and punching someone like Slater.

He's said on a couple occasions he really wants to do it, and I think WWE reached out to him at one point but there were conflicts with filming. If they could get him to guest-host during Mania season that would be fantastic.

• Like 1