Benji

I do not like Laurel at all, and haven't since about halfway through the first season, but its gotten worse this season and last. The writers are handling her horribly. And as I've said before, boxing is a really bad choice for a fighting style when taking on criminals unless you actually have super powers, which she doesn't. I'm hoping that either Oliver, Thea, Roy, Diggle or any combination of them start training her. If she ever runs into someone like Deathstroke or Bronze Tiger, she's toast.

Then again, I also wish they'd give Oliver some sort of hand to hand combat weapons, instead of him using the bow for up close fighting. I've heard he uses swords for melee fighting in the comics now, so why not have him do that on the tv show, as well?

And Ray Palmer is the character in name only. if you really think about it, he's more like Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle.

Edited by GhostMachine

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like Laurel at all, and haven't since about halfway through the first season, but its gotten worse this season and last. The writers are handling her horribly. And as I've said before, boxing is a really bad choice for a fighting style when taking on criminals unless you actually have super powers, which she doesn't. I'm hoping that either Oliver, Thea, Roy, Diggle or any combination of them start training her. If she ever runs into someone like Deathstroke or Bronze Tiger, she's toast.

Then again, I also wish they'd give Oliver some sort of hand to hand combat weapons, instead of him using the bow for up close fighting. I've heard he uses swords for melee fighting in the comics now, so why not have him do that on the tv show, as well?

And Ray Palmer is the character in name only. if you really think about it, he's more like Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle.

Because the way he uses the bow is much more creative and something he's known for? I don't like the idea of adding unnecessary weapons into his arsenal when he's known as The Emerald Archer.

Yeah, Felicity has been written so poorly for so long now that I kind of want her out of the show. She's the sort of character that's extremely hit or miss.

I'm also kind of done with Ray Palmer, too. The Atom stuff hasn't really taken off the way I wanted it to, turning him into a budget Iron Man doesn't really interest me. And a tech guy just doesn't have much to do in a season devoted to an ancient warrior and his clan of Ninjas. They should shuffle him off to The Flash next season as Barry's new super genius buddy, he'd fit in a lot better there.

• Like 1

Ra's and Oliver still make this worth watching. I was kind of hoping that Oliver would take up the mantle to see what they would have done with it, but I imagine we're going to get a long over arcing storyline out of this and Matt Nable is doing awesome as Ra's. I also may be a little in love with Willa Holland

I've been a little in love with Willa Holland since The O.C. Either way, I like the turn this is taking.

Ra's making sure that everybody thinks that the Arrow is back to murdering criminals is an interesting twist. Kind of a fun nod to the beard that Queen has in the comics, too.

The music after "I now pronounce you as man and wife". Is that a typical wedding song? I've never heard that in a wedding scene. Al

Also, damn at Laurel's dress.

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

Wow....Paul Blackthorne really sold this episode tonight. Loved his performance

How is this show? I've been looking for a new show to start watching - worth it?

First 4 episodes are a little rough to get through, even though it's chock-full of comic book references. After that though, it kicks into high gear up until the beginning of the current season. It's a very good show, but season two will spoil you.

So, after weeks of churning through the series, I'm finally all caught up.

To me, the first season was, in-part, a bit of a chore to get through. It all just felt so fragmented and off-balance. But I forgave them because it's not easy to do 24 forty minute episodes a season AND establish this whole new world. Towards the end of the season, I was coming around to the fact that this is looking like something that's gonna be great. Come season 2, man, everything got so much better and I was having a lot of fun with the show. I finally saw what everyone was super into, and agreed. Now, here in season 3, I think it's still quite good, but it has definitely been spinning its tires a lot with nowhere to go. Finally, in these last episodes it seems we're getting somewhere.

Other than that, I've got a few issues with the show. Stephen Ammell's been getting more comfortable as an actor, but those spurts of robot acting can be a bit of distraction at times. Laurel is a horrible character and god can she use a break from the show so that I don't want to see her go away forever. Ray Palmer getting his own show couldn't come at a better time because he's worn out his welcome and just doesn't belong on this show. The melodrama can get to be a bit much, but it's getting easier seeing past it. I've had a few more problems, but, this last one is a personal quirk: "Are you okay?" is in EVER FUCKING EPISODE. Sometimes multiple times! There are other ways to ask if someone is okay, Arrow writers! PLEASE.

I know my thoughts are a bit scattered, but I'm not trying to write an essay and bore you guys considering I'm trying to cover on almost three entire seasons of a long TV show.

I know that I was meant to start watching The Flash sometime when I was watching Season 3, but I wanted to be caught up with Arrow already and be able to partake in finale discussion. I HAVE seen The Flash pilot as of two days ago, however, and I loved it immensely. I've been able to get into it far faster than I ever could Arrow.

It probably helped Flash that Arrow had already done a ton of groundwork and helped the team behind it prepare for what they needed for a hit. Other than the odd boring villain of the week, Flash has managed to stay way more consistent.

I actually think Flash is going to struggle in season 2, unless they go all out with setting something else up. Arrow's first season was almost entirely set up for Season 2, all of the Slade build and such. Flash has built up their villain from the first episode and will probably end that arc by the end of the first season.

I doubt Flash will have a problem in season two, none of its villains have been set up as required to actually kill off, in fact most of them seem to have clear back doors for any potential return. Heck, even Wells could easily fall into that position Lex had in Smallville where he's the former friend turned villain who only directly interacts with the hero when absolutely necesarry.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Roy will be on the new spin-off?

According to this, talks are underway but nothings finalized

I wonder if Roy will be on the new spin-off?

Reading the interview with Kreisenberg on buzzfeed very much gave me the sense that Roy will not be a part of the spin off. It seemed more like they were letting Colton Haynes go so he could pursue other ventures. But then again, him appearing in the spin off would be a fantastic surprise

Great episode this week, pumped for the next couple of weeks as it looks like they're finally getting back to form. I do hate how Felicity is being written though.