Benji

That is not a good defense for the downright solemn tone that the show has adopted. Plenty of peril revolves around the world of The Flash (not to mention the grizzly death of his mother being a focal point) but it still finds time to bring in humor.

The finale was great, though. I welcome what I'm hoping will be a less melodramatic fourth season.

• Like 1

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heroes first season revolved around a serial killer slicing people's heads open, but it still had time for some fun with Hiro and Ando to balance things out. LOST had people dying every other week and a hopeless situation of being stuck on a magical island where a smoke monster tried to kill even more of them, but it still had time for Hurley to be goofy.

They just really need that kind of character around who's going to lighten things up once in a while (in the comics, Ollie himself tends to provide the humour, but this is a very different Ollie). Felicity was, to a small extent, that character until she got caught in an awful love triangle.

Theres a small spoiler for the season finale at the end of the article

Showrunner Marc Guggenheim says season 4 will have a lighter tone to it

• Like 1

I liked the season finale right up until the sunset drive. Felicity has grated on me over the last few episodes which is something that she never did before. I also disagree with the idea that every Superhero show needs to have comedy or comedy bits to keep it light. I enjoy the dark tone of things much like I did with Nolan's Batman movies. Not to say I don't enjoy humour when they throw it in, but not every Superhero show needs it. Hopefully this means that John Barrowman isn't going anywhere because I'm a huge fan of him and the scenes that he's in.

I'm intrigued to know who will be the big bad in the next season. I'm just now getting into the comic book scene (dabbled before but nothing like some people on this board) so I'm not as familiar with who they've got going on in the Arrow world. I do know after reading the Neal Adam's run of comics that I want Arrow and Green Lantern to stay as far away from each other as possible.

I heard who the bad guy is for next season. Might not be just him but I heard it's that guy Oliver was going to kidnap but he had already left the city. Also I can get into some dark stuff but it can't be all dark. No show should be that. A 2 hour dark movie is fine but a 22 hour season of dark dark dark dark dark TV is too much

• Like 1

Felicity needs to die or move across country. She drags the show down now.

Realistically how long do people see arrow continuing? I assume they want it around for, at the very least, until all the shows they want to add to the DC tv-verse are established but how many more seasons do people see it lasting?

That doesn't necessarily mean anything–the cast of Angel was contracted through seven seasons, as I recall, and the show only lasted to season 5.

Still, I'd be cool with Arrow getting as long of a run as Smallville.

• Like 1

Arrow got successful, it'll go for as long as a minimum number of people keep watching it. They may have had a five year plan, but you can bet your ass that this show will go for as long as the executives want it to. I really hope they've planned for that, because at the current rate, I can see it doing near Smallville number of seasons. And despite some great spikes in the later seasons, that show got dire in a lot of ways.

According to Willa Holland, they had "big plans" for Harley on the show before the Suicide Squad movie was announced, and we'll be seeing less of ARGUS and the Suicide Squad due to the movie

http://io9.com/arrow-lost-its-big-harley-quinn-plans-because-of-the-su-1706729630

DC Premier has some of the best feature films that Warner has released for DC...and all of them were direct-to-home releases. I would have loved to see The New Frontier get a cinematic release. The issue isn't DC having its stuff together. It's more that DC's parent company, Time Warner, doesn't pay attention to what it's doing with its DC properties until they begin to conflict.

I'm kind of annoyed that we're still not getting the interweaving of the major DC heroes into the Arrow-verse because of the films, though.

People are now speculating that the role played by Cupid on the show was originally meant to be Harley

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind if they got Cody Rhodes on arrow at some point next season, especially if the tone is supposed to be slightly lighter? I'm not saying ongoing role necessarily but even as a villain for that episode it could be a lot of fun. Something like the stardust gimmick in that hed be an insane face painted character who can't separate fantasy from reality and he becomes a minor threat for an episode.

I wish they'd given Amell someone more interesting to work with than fucking Stardust. He's the first celeb in a long while that I've actually wanted to see in WWE (except John Oliver and Jon Stewart).

Mind, if I was wishing anything, it'd be Amell working with Cody Rhodes in literally any fucking gimmick except Stardust.