EWR 2014 Stats Update: May ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Bo Dallas isn't a Cult Leader, he's a motivational speaker/delusional heel who thinks he's a babyface. Guru would be perfect for him but he's not charismatic enough: the gimmick requires 80 overness or more and he hasn't shown himself to be as good as that on the mic yet. He's not really a Pretentious Artist either, the only guy currently on the WWE roster that would fit that is maybe Aiden English, and even then I'm not sure it should be changed. Obnoxious or Man On A Mission would work just fine for now

Bo Dallas isn't a Cult Leader, he's a motivational speaker/delusional heel who thinks he's a babyface. Guru would be perfect for him but he's not charismatic enough: the gimmick requires 80 overness or more and he hasn't shown himself to be as good as that on the mic yet. He's not really a Pretentious Artist either, the only guy currently on the WWE roster that would fit that is maybe Aiden English, and even then I'm not sure it should be changed. Obnoxious or Man On A Mission would work just fine for now

There is precedent for raising someone's charisma to fit a gimmick. I remember several years ago when Charlie Haas was doing his Impressionist gimmick, the updates raised his charisma to 75 (from 60-something) so that the gimmick would work. Raising Bo's charisma from 73 to 80 isn't that huge of a jump.

Other suggestions, mostly finisher talk:

Lower Chris Jericho's overness to about 86 or so, which would put him on par with RVD, and make him an Upper Midcarder. His last two runs have been very similar to RVD's in terms of how he's been used and in terms of crowd reaction, thus I feel he should have a similar overness and card position.

Change Dolph Ziggler's secondary finisher to the Famouser (Impact). He supposedly calls it the Name Dropper according to Wikipedia but I don't think I've ever heard it called that on air. Dolph hasn't won with the Sleeper in ages, whereas he's beaten...someone (I think Sandow?) with the Famouser within the past several months.

Adrian Neville's second finisher should be the Imploding 450 Splash (Top Rope). He beat Bo Dallas with it in their NXT Title rematch.

Cesaro's secondary finisher should be the German Suplex Hold (Impact). He's gotten several wins on Raw with it lately.

Bray Wyatt's secondary finisher should also be Sister Abigail. "Rapture" was the original name for the move and was never used outside of the FCW website.

I've seen no evidence of Alberto Del Rio's secondary finisher being called the Perro Punisher, outside of some fan-sites and a single TV report on WrestleView. Change it back to Superkick, maybe make it a Ground move since he always does it to a kneeling opponent.

Jack Swagger's primary finisher should be the Patriot Lock, not Patriot Act. It hasn't been called the Patriot Act since about a month or two after his 2013 return. A shame, since it's a much cooler name.

• Like 3

There is precedent for raising someone's charisma to fit a gimmick. I remember several years ago when Charlie Haas was doing his Impressionist gimmick, the updates raised his charisma to 75 (from 60-something) so that the gimmick would work. Raising Bo's charisma from 73 to 80 isn't that huge of a jump.

Other suggestions, mostly finisher talk:

Lower Chris Jericho's overness to about 86 or so, which would put him on par with RVD, and make him an Upper Midcarder. His last two runs have been very similar to RVD's in terms of how he's been used and in terms of crowd reaction, thus I feel he should have a similar overness and card position.

Bray Wyatt's secondary finisher should also be Sister Abigail. "Rapture" was the original name for the move and was never used outside of the FCW website.

I've seen no evidence of Alberto Del Rio's secondary finisher being called the Perro Punisher, outside of some fan-sites and a single TV report on WrestleView. Change it back to Superkick, maybe make it a Ground move since he always does it to a kneeling opponent.

Bo isn't REALLY a cult leader or guru. He is just an annoying inspirational speaker. For now, obnoxious works for him.

Jericho 'd argue is about 89. He's more over than Rob Van Dam if you ask me. He was SUPER over at the 2013 Rumble and throughout most of his 2013 run.

Del Rio's Superkick should be impact. I believe the Shining Wizard is an impact move despite the wrestler actually being on a knee.

As for Perro Punisher I think a certain user suggested it off of no actual proof as Wikipedia doesn't even listed it.

As for Bray, I thought the Rapture was the briefly used toss-up slap.

Edit: CM Punk news from PWInsider

CM Punk was interviewed today by Red Eye Chicago, discussing taking part of an art project commemorating Wrigley Field's 100th anniversary. 50 custom painted pairs of ballpark showing a famous moment from the Ballpark's history will be placed on Michigan Avenue in Chicaqo. Punk has painted a chair showing Kerry Wood's 20 strikeout game from 1998. The article stated that Punk was retired from WWE at the age of 35. Punk noted that doing charity work "felt good" and left the door open to do more based on the level of celebrity his career has given him. Thanks to Billy Krotchsen.

Perhaps make Punk a non-worker.

Edited by mkpunk

Lucha updates:

Delete Hijos del Averno as a stable (they were a threesome with Averno who jumped and the remaining duo (Ephesto and Mephisto) are no longer wearing Hijos del Avernos gear.)

Add a stable for La Mascara, La Sombra and Rush called Los Indeseables in CMLL.

Princessa Sugeith should be face (she is now a tecnica)

CHIKARA Notes:

Worker Ant should NOT be added to CHIKARA as there is a new Worker Ant, the former assailANT. Worker Ant II should have Rolling GTS as as his secondary finisher which would be an impact move.

Green Ant's CHIKARA Special Green should be a submission move not an impact move.

Potential unknown personality spoiler

Could Enzo Amore be combatANT?

combatANT was 6'0" 210 pounds and Enzo is 5'11" 200/210. Also Enzo didn't debut in NXT until March 2013, well after combatANT's neck snap at King of Trios 2012. The timelines and the specs do strangely line-up.

Non-CHIKARA Note:

Mistico/Sin Cara should have La Mistica as his primary finisher.

CHIKARA personality spoiler;

I very much doubt it. combatANT has shown up in Wrestling Is during the off-period, and I've seen nothing to suggest he's Enzo.

Jericho 86 is that a joke? Jericho is still more over than 95% of the current roster.

By what metric? He hasn't had a main event run in a long time, he hasn't been on TV in over a year, and the last time he was on TV he was over but not, like, Bryan-level over or anything. 86 may be a bit low, but really he shouldn't be any higher than 89, given his crowd reactions and card positions the last time he was on the active roster.

Also after watching NXT Takeover I think some people need their stats boosted:

Raise Tyler Breeze's brawl to 64, tech to 67 and speed to 76. He and Zayn put on a pretty damn good match last night. Also I think his charisma needs a boost to about 78 or so - this would put him on par with Xavier Woods which I think is quite fair.

Raise Charlotte's brawl to 43, speed to 45 and tech to 47. Her match with Nattie was easily the best women's match in WWE since Paige/Emma from Arrival. The stat updates would make her a little bit better than Summer Rae in-game, for comparison's sake.

I think Adrian Neville and Justin Gabriel should have their brawl and tech stats exchanged. Gabriel is vastly overrated while Neville could use a boost. Raise Neville's brawl to 67 and tech to 73; lower Gabriel's brawl to 58 and tech to 61. Also lower Gabriel's speed to the lower 80s, between 81 and 84. I don't mind Gabriel, but Neville's match with Tyson Kidd was basically better than anything Gabriel's ever shown in WWE.

• Like 4

Well considering there is no way of accurately measuring things, everyones "metric" here is massively subjective, overness really doesn't have a definitive number unit, it is more vague categories of Not over to really over. I would argue that Y2J would pop more interest from more casual fans than a lot of the current roster.

Well considering there is no way of accurately measuring things, everyones "metric" here is massively subjective, overness really doesn't have a definitive number unit, it is more vague categories of Not over to really over. I would argue that Y2J would pop more interest from more casual fans than a lot of the current roster.

That may be true, but I'm going by when he was last on TV for a regular period of time, not a hypothetical return. And the last time he was on TV regularly, he was nowhere near the main event, lost frequently, and was over but not to an outrageous degree. That's basically a textbook upper midcarder to me, hence lowering his overness to match that.

Yeah, I think high 80s is fine for Chris Jericho. He's not had a main event role in a few years, and beyond the reaction upon his return, wasn't getting main event level reactions. He's still a name, and it wouldn't be too difficult to build him back up to the main event if you wished, but upper midcard suits Jericho fine.

• Like 4

Putting over midcard talent doesn't make you a midcarder, and if you're judging by reactions from their returns then lower Batista to 50, I agree he should be lowered, but nothing less than 91-92.

Since there's some Chris Jericho discussion, I went ahead and looked all the legends signed to WWE in the May update:

Lower Bret Hart's overness to 83 (He gets reaction closer to Dusty and Piper than he does HBK and Flair)

Lower Chris Jericho's overness to 92 (Batista could have easily been put in the same spot Jericho was in during his last return, and until he started embracing the heel role wasn't any more over than him.)

Lower Kevin Nash's overness to 82 (puts him on par with Booker T, who got a similar/slightly better reaction during their RR returns a few years ago)

Lower Undertaker's overness to 96 (100!? Seriously!? He ain't Hogan, Austin, or Rock. He should be exactly the same as Shawn Michaels, who I think is at the right number.)

Also, I think it should be noted that they're considered legendary for what they did at or near their peaks, not how much the crowd cares about them today other than the initial nostalgia pop(s). That's more a comment on Bret than anything because I feel people would be against lowering his overness just because he's Bret Hart.

Edited by Mike Jones
  • Like 2

Since there's some Chris Jericho discussion, I went ahead and looked all the legends signed to WWE in the May update:

Lower Bret Hart's overness to 83 (He gets reaction closer to Dusty and Piper than he does HBK and Flair)

Lower Chris Jericho's overness to 92 (Batista could have easily been put in the same spot Jericho was in during his last return, and until he started embracing the heel role wasn't any more over than him.)

Lower Kevin Nash's overness to 82 (puts him on par with Booker T, who got a similar/slightly better reaction during their RR returns a few years ago)

Lower Undertaker's overness to 96 (100!? Seriously!? He ain't Hogan, Austin, or Rock. He should be exactly the same as Shawn Michaels, who I think is at the right number.)

Also, I think it should be noted that they're considered legendary for what they did at or near their peaks, not how much the crowd cares about them today other than the initial nostalgia pop(s). That's more a comment on Bret than anything because I feel people would be against lowering his overness just because he's Bret Hart.

I was actually going to do the same thing, I think Hogan Rock Austin 100 Cena 98 Taker 97 HHH 96 Lesnar 96 Vince 95 Flair 95 Bryan 94 (The crowd is almost dead for him now compared to before Mania), HBK 94 Jericho 93 Orton 93 Batista 92 Stephanie 92 Heyman 91 Bray 90/89 (Fueding with Main Eventers and already massively over), Reigns 90/89 (Same as Bray), Ambrose 88 (Same as Bray) Rollins 87 (Same as Bray) Sheamus 86 RVD 86 Kane 86 Big Show 86/85 (Unless he's over on SD, he shouldn't be anywhere near the Main Event and he's currently 1 or 2 off it)

Edited by ModestATT

Aren't minor overness changes largely moot given that they'll change within the first few weeks of playing depending on how you use them? I'm not saying never bother, but I don't see it as a big issue.

Aren't minor overness changes largely moot given that they'll change within the first few weeks of playing depending on how you use them? I'm not saying never bother, but I don't see it as a big issue.

Why not be as accurate as possible? The stats, imo, shouldn't be set in accordance to what may or may not/can or can not happen when you start your specific game but as an accurate reflection of reality PRIOR to when you start your game.