The Golf Club 2

Baddar

Son Gual, Mount Yeti, Copper Creek, Crawford Mines, Kodiak Reserve, The Club

Hardest to easiest, in my opinion.

Son Gual can go screw it's mother and father, and then die alone in a fire.

It's easily, by far, the hardest course I've seen. Through 11 holes, I have ONE par, four bogeys, and six friggin' double bogeys. I have not hit the fairway once.

And that has to do with the fact that I'm playing in 13 MPH wind, but I'm assuming the developers aren't American, because this shit is more like 33 MPH wind. As soon as my perfectly shot drives take off, they're veering sideways like I'm in a friggin' hurricane. I'll never play this course again. I'd rather have someone whack me with my clubs.

Told you!

I think I managed to get around that around level par, but that was with a LOT of practice, and the wind was kind to me that day.

Keep heart though. The main reason I played through it was because I'd read that it doesn't get any tougher than Q School, and the weekly tournament courses are much more kind (unless it's a major). You saw that yourself the other day when you went from +5 to comfortably under par on the 2nd run. There are some that you can play for the first time and do well on, but the Q School ones demand that you learn them first. The worst thing about Son Gual is the greens. They're far too quick for how small most of them are. It's pretty but by no means fun.

I do really like the challenging aspect of the game. It's rewarding to get better at a certain track by going around multiple times.

I bought the DLC yesterday and played some Tropical and Delta themed courses. Both are lovely. Winds are a bit high on average on the tropical one at the moment though, but the general opinion is that they're too high across the entire game so expect that to be tweaked soon. An 8mph wind should not have as much effect as it does currently.

In the upcoming July update, they've added the ability to leave the flag in when you're putting from way out on the green. Good move. There's also a free Highlands theme bundled with it, which looks amazing compared to the very basic Links one that's in the game currently.

Yeah, it's meant to be nothing more than a glorified tutorial. The "Seasons" aren't very long at all and only take place on the games' Official courses.

I paid the £7.99 because I paid a low price for the game in the first place, and I wanted to try out some of the courses created on the Tropical theme, because there's a few that are stunning to look at.

The Highlands theme was originally going to be a part of the next paid DLC but they're giving it to us for free because of the recent issues with Sony Europe, who didn't give us the 'May' update until last week.