47 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

That was a phenomenal finale. I was expecting a big world-changing event like the previous seasons. Instead, we got a deeply emotional and personal event. My girlfriend and I both cried.

”Will you remember pizza?”

”I’m a legit snack. *sobs*”

Yeah, I think that's what I loved about it too. I've become so used to the whole world changing, so something more personal was a brutal gut punch. 

Those were the best two lines of the show, too. "Do you mean, will I remember what pizza is? Yeah, buddy." "So it's not a total loss."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2019 at 20:56, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Just started watching the series with Emily, and I already know the twist at the end of the season, and Emily worked it out within like... 5 minutes.

Alright, so, I knew what the twist was at the end of the first season:

Spoiler

It's the bad place!

But outside of that I didn't know much of anything else, and Jesus was it incredible. The most incredible part:

Spoiler

Michael's evil laugh! Holy shit, that put chills down my spine. Ted Danson is incredible.

• 3 months later...

Sad as it is I have to agree it's the right decision. Whilst the show continues to be consistently funny, from a plot standpoint there's only a certain amount you can do before reaching the inevitable conclusion without becoming stale.

God damn, I was just talking about the fact they might struggle to keep up the story quality the other day AND complaining there isn't nearly enough good comedy on TV after this season has passed. Echoing the "this is bad but good" sentiment strongly :(

1 hour ago, Benji said:

God damn, I was just talking about the fact they might struggle to keep up the story quality the other day AND complaining there isn't nearly enough good comedy on TV after this season has passed. Echoing the "this is bad but good" sentiment strongly :(

Have you tried What We Do In The Shadows? It's pretty good!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just finished watching the first three series of this after a recommendation from a podcast. I enjoyed it. I think it works for me because the actors have such good chemistry together, which makes everything feel light-hearted and fun, while still being able to offer genuinely moving dramatic moments. The story is probably my favourite thing about it, and I'm keen to see how it all continues.

Girlfriend and I have been doing a slow rewatch of the first three seasons, timed to end just before the final season starts at the end of September. We just finished season one and good grief every episode is still amazing after 3-4 viewings.

She’s also introduced me to The Good Place Podcast (hosted by Mark Evan Jackson a.k.a. Shawn.) We listen together as we do a puzzle and it’s a super insightful listen.

• 4 weeks later...

I just re-started season 2 and it turns out season 3 comes to Netflix next Tuesday. I think. Or this Tuesday (today)? I don't remember. A Tuesday.

Anyway, I guess I have to speed my way through S2. I'm only up to episode 4 right now. 13 episode order  yeah?

25 minutes ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

I just re-started season 2 and it turns out season 3 comes to Netflix next Tuesday. I think. Or this Tuesday (today)? I don't remember. A Tuesday.

Anyway, I guess I have to speed my way through S2. I'm only up to episode 4 right now. 13 episode order  yeah?

Yeah, each season is 13 episodes. Looks like Season 4 might be 14. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Are they going to release all the episodes at once or is it going to be one per week? It's an NBC show, isn't it?

One per week, yeah. Season 3's already aired though so that's why it's all coming to Netflix at once, but otherwise I believe (outside of US?) the episodes are put on Netflix the day after they air on NBC.

"Oh, I'm a human, and my breathing tube is next to my eating tube. And look, my arms end in stupid little sticks."

• Like 3

Yo, but is that a Tegan & Sara song in episode 10 of Season 2?

EDIT: No. I'm stupid. It's Lorde. Wow, why did I think she sounded like Tegan (or Sara)?

"Apples, you eat their clothes. But oranges? You don't?"

• 2 weeks later...

The  final episode of season 3 made me sad.

hey.

How about not doing that, show.

Jeremy Bearimy, baby. :crying:

• Like 1

EDIT: Oh man. Fuck that video. I mean no, it's great too, but THIS ONE HAS THEIR CAST AUDITION TAPES.