I've only just finished watching the finale, so this is a raw reaction, but I thought it was tremendous. There's something nice and fitting about a show that contemplates life and relationships knowing when to bow out on a high.

Also, and I know The Good Place is far from an obscure show, I'm still baffled as to why it isn't bigger than it is. Lots of people I've talked to haven't seen it or even heard of it, even though it's on Netflix, has some well known actors and isn't at all difficult to get into. Given the quality it's sustained from start to finish, there are very few people I wouldn't wholeheartedly recommend it to.

On 01/02/2020 at 22:56, LUKIE said:

I guess watching the finale I realised that the show was fine, but overall I must not have been that invested in it given most peoples reactions to the ending, and I was like, when is this going to be done so I can watch something else.

I absolutely adored the show and I just felt a bit... okay about the ending? Like, it wasn't amazing, it wasn't bad, it sort of felt like it just... was. I am jealous of people who felt stronger about the ending because I'm actually more sad I don't feel more about it than I am sad that it's ended.

18 hours ago, Benji said:

I absolutely adored the show and I just felt a bit... okay about the ending? Like, it wasn't amazing, it wasn't bad, it sort of felt like it just... was. I am jealous of people who felt stronger about the ending because I'm actually more sad I don't feel more about it than I am sad that it's ended.

I don't think I loved the format of what happened in the finale. I think I just have a hard time with them all so quickly coming to the realization that they needed to leave. I know time was sort of sped up, but it felt really rushed for them to be ready to just be gone, especially Chidi.

• 6 months later...