United Football League

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Meacon said:

This thread reminded me that I forgot to watch the AAF draft last night. Dang it.

HACK DADDY RETURNS

I like that CBS will air only the inaugural game and the championship game.  A surefire way to ensure great ratings for the title game is to show no other games in between.   

Anyways, go Commanders 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GhostMachine said:

Regarding the AAF, just for naming the team Legends, I hope Atlanta is the worst team in the league.

Atlanta does have slick uniforms, though...

ATL-1024x576.jpg

Wait. I just noticed the stupid ATL lettering on the sides. Nevermind. These blow.

Edited by Toe
Reasons?
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, livid said:

That's assuming AAF lasts itself. 

Considering the AAF has all of the actual football people from the last XFL, plus most of what's left of the name coaching talent and the best QBs, all without the stink of the XFL, I know where my money is.

Go, ummm, Fleet, I guess?

SD-1024x576.jpg

Do we need an AAF thread?

4 hours ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

So is the XFL dead again? I can't imagine there's much of a talent pool left now that the AAF is up and running.

Many people are worried about the CFL with both of these leagues coming in. The CFL analyst on TSN says there are 15,000 graduating division 1 college players each year (i have no idea if that's true). You only need a few hundred for each league.

One of the best quarterbacks in Canada didn't even play division 1 college either, so there are many players that you can find.

1 minute ago, DMN said:

Considering the AAF has all of the actual football people from the last XFL, plus most of what's left of the name coaching talent and the best QBs, all without the stink of the XFL, I know where my money is.

SD-1024x576.jpg

Why not make this just a spring football thread? I doubt either gets too much traction anyway beyond the initial launch of each league.

11 minutes ago, DMN said:

SD-1024x576.jpg

Awww, not going to go back to cheering for Rick Neuheisel and back the HotShots?

8 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Fleet is an objectively awful name. Good service station though.

I'd say go ahead and make the thread. 

A lot of the AAF names are pretty awful. Memphis Express is ok, but that's an old USFL or WFL name.

North American sports team naming conventions lead to a lot of weird shit, though. Like, in Europe, it's mostly just 'location [United, FC, SC.etc]' right?

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Awww, not going to go back to cheering for Rick Neuheisel and back the HotShots?

C'mon Maxx, you know I'm California Uber Alles all day every day.

I still like Rick, tho. He's the third handsomest QB to play for UCLA behind Troy Aikman and Mark Harmon!

Edited by DMN
  • Like 1