EWB Fantasy Baseball 2020

Maxx

Set your teams!  I expanded the bench spots to 6 and the IL spots to 5, which is the most I can do for IL, will hopefully cover covid and regular injuries.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we consider speeding up picking up someone?

I get that you sort of need a day with the bidding system, but I feel like not being able to add them to your roster until the day after that is a bit brutal. If you're trying to pick someone up to fill an injury and you didn't have a back-up at that position (especially with how strict Yahoo is with position eligibility), it's a bit rough.

Yeah the Yahoo system is messy. It really sucks this year but usually it makes sense because you can plan a day or two out. But since I have multiple Cards on my team who aren't playing but aren't listed as injured I can't do shit with my roster and when a guy goes down I have to wait a full extra day to replace them more or less.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

no waivers?

There are waivers. But the system is basically:

Day 1: Notice I need a player. Put in a claim.

Day 2: Claim is successful.

Day 3: Player is eligible to be on your roster.

Yahoo is also telling me I can't make a waiver claim because I have a player listed on the IL who is not injured, even though Keone Kela is not on my IL.

• 1 month later...

Years from now we will reflect back and be like "You remember that short little fantasy baseball season?  The one where there were no fans?  And Meacon played?"  and then we'll dismiss it as a delusional.

But for now we celelbrate, so congrats* to MCD who has won* the championship* in this strange short season*

(GhostMachine said we had to add an asterisk on this championship until John Elway is fired)

• Like 2

My favorite fantasy moment this year was when the Cardinals cancelled a game the day Jack Flaherty was going to start and I couldn't make any adjustments until the following day and also couldn't put anyone on IL because of Yahoo's weird treatment of Covid postponements.

1 minute ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

I won 2 out of my 3 leagues this year. Ironically, the two I won don't have asterisks and the won I lost does. Wild!

All leagues I lose this year are getting asterisks.

2 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

My favorite fantasy moment this year was when the Cardinals cancelled a game the day Jack Flaherty was going to start and I couldn't make any adjustments until the following day and also couldn't put anyone on IL because of Yahoo's weird treatment of Covid postponements.

All leagues I lose this year are getting asterisks.

I really hate Yahoo's waiver system. We need to look into potentially fixing that.