NHL 2021

SeanDMan

I mean John Taveres gets a bad rep for leaving Long Island but that was an abusive relationship and he had a right to try and find happiness.

I don't get why Isles fans are mad at Tavares, he didn't do anything that hasn't been done by dozens of Mets over the past decade.

• Like 2

Just saw the Tavares collision a few minutes ago. He'll be lucky if he ever plays again.

1 hour ago, Malenko said:

What happened?

Fell from a hit, Perry skated by and kneed him in the head at full speed (completely accidental). It was bad. He is listed as being out indefinitely. 

And the Jets are up 2-0!?

Perry did his damndest to leap over the guy but it's just one of those collisions where Tavares gets knocked down and into Perry's path and Perry can't react.

You could tell when Perry got in a "fight" later he didn't mean it, didn't enjoy it, and felt horrible about it. Not his fault at all, just a complete fluke.

5 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

Perry did his damndest to leap over the guy but it's just one of those collisions where Tavares gets knocked down and into Perry's path and Perry can't react.

You could tell when Perry got in a "fight" later he didn't mean it, didn't enjoy it, and felt horrible about it. Not his fault at all, just a complete fluke.

The fight was one of those hockey things where Perry basically had to let the other guy blow off some steam. I think it worked as a bit of a free timeout and let everyone reset a bit.

It's kinda fortunate that it as Perry leapt to get out of the way the blade of his skate didn't wind up making contact. As bad as it was, could've been worse.

Also, color me surprised Winnipeg is up 2-0. Other series mostly going how I thought, Boston-Washington was always a toss-up for me. All looking like we'll get the Colorado-Vegas playoff series we deserve, that should be a great one (that I don't see most of because I live on the east coast).

57 minutes ago, damshow said:

Free Connor McDavid!

Tbf Draisaitl played better these games. McDavid was less impressive. Obviously McDavid is better but I often feel Draisaitl's numbers are sort of brushed aside as if he only got them because he plays with him, when in truth McDavid's numbers are also helped a lot by his presence n the PP.

Yeah, he's not flashy like Connor McDavid, but his passing and scoring aren't equaled by many in the NHL. If he played for someone else he'd still get loads, although he wouldn't be leagues ahead of everyone but McDavid as it happened this year.

I'm aware it's weird to call a Hart Trophy winner underrated but there you go. :P

Now, the team is obviously not great. I would say there are about 4/5 players who could play 1st/2nd line in most playoff teams. The rest of them, no chance.

Despite their regular season record, I believe the better team won but I still didn't expect a sweep. No one did, I guess.

Edmonton is built all wrong. No depth, no leadership. You really need both to make deep playoff runs, that or just have everyone on fire at the right time.

Everyone in Edmonton looked cold.

• Like 2

On 12/05/2021 at 15:10, Ruki Returns said:

I'd be worried about the fans murdering each other at the end of the series. On paper the Leafs should win this... but my trauma of cheering for this team tells me we lose in game 7. 

On 20/05/2021 at 20:23, Ruki Returns said:

Leafs lose game 1, sigh.

Shut up you pessimistic asshole. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

Edmonton is built all wrong. No depth, no leadership. You really need both to make deep playoff runs, that or just have everyone on fire at the right time.

Everyone in Edmonton looked cold.

Most of them wouldn't matter much if they're hot though. You wouldn't notice. Nugent Hopkins and Darnell Nurse are possibly the most talented on the team after the obvious two and yet you can't expect much from them. The rest would be third liners and occasional scratches on most playoff teams. Like you say, no depth. Some bad trades too. Taylor Hall wasn't what they hoped but Adam Larsson was definitely not worth it. Desperation due to lack of decent defenders, I get it, but still.

12 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Shut up you pessimistic asshole. 

Ruki is the worst, just ignore him, we all do.

I watched the second overtime and beyond and Darnell Nurse looked sub optimal. He always seemed to be mentally exhausted at every whistle, looking around for help. He played way too many minutes for a guy who isn't really a cornerstone, franchise defensemen. Poor guy needs support. Hope Ken Holland pays his therapist well.

• Like 1

That's the thing. He shouldn't be but in this roster he is and he plays way too much every single game, regular season or playoff. Not just these series. Tyson Barrie is a nice PP quarterback and that's almost the only time Darnell Nurse rests because he isn't needed. Everyone else is leagues below.