Holiday films

Dang117

I know someone who watches The Apartment every Christmas.

I probably watch MST3K Christmas episodes more than any particular films. I love that Mexican Santa Claus film.

Nobody ever seems to mention The Santa Clause or the Dudley Moore Santa Claus: The Movie when talking about Christmas films.

Not that im complaining. I don't mind the former too much but I hate the latter. They just always seem to end up on the tv in my house as background noise on Christmas eve.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

The Dudley Moore movie Hobo mentioned sucks.

I swear it has been on TV here every year for as long as I remember as well.

I usually watch the same 7 movies every day before Christmas Day: 

18th: Arthur Christmas
19th: It’s a Wonderful Life
20th: Die Hard
21st: The Nightmare before Christmas
22nd: Stalag 17
23rd: The Shop Around the Corner
24th: Miracle on 34th Street

Besides that I watch the usual bunch of holiday movies almost every year: A Christmas Carol, the Muppets Christmas Carol, Love Actually, Home Alone 1 & 2, Jingle All the Way, the Santa Clause, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Bad Santa, Elf, the Holiday, Bridget Jones’ Diary.

No matter how awful, if it’s about Christmas I’ll probably watch it 😕 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is more holiday tv than holiday films, but I know a lot of people here have fondness for Hey Arnold!/this particular episode.

I'd never seen this article about the making of the Christmas special with Mr Hyunh; it's such a sweet and wholesome read.

(Also the episode "Arnold's Christmas" is def on vimeo and it really does hold up super well)

• Like 1