Holiday films

Dang117

What festive films do you end up watching near the holidays. Could be films you always give a watch or ones you've recently watched. My go to every year is Elf, which I have watched ever since being younger but this year I decided to add someones to the list I haven't seen in a while. Watched The Muppets Christmas Carol for the first time in years this year as it is on Disney plus.

• Like 1

Gremlins, Gremlins 2, Home Alone, Home Alone 2, The Santa Clause, Jingle All The Way, Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story, and the very first episode of the Simpsons (Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire)

The 1999 Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart every Christmas Eve for sure. Then I'll try and fit in stuff like It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (1947), Gremlins and Die Hard as well during the month.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2020 at 06:57, Dang117 said:

What festive films do you end up watching near the holidays. Could be films you always give a watch or ones you've recently watched. My go to every year is Elf, which I have watched ever since being younger but this year I decided to add someones to the list I haven't seen in a while. Watched The Muppets Christmas Carol for the first time in years this year as it is on Disney plus.

My kids have watched Christmas with the Kranks 5 times now.

It is an existential horror movie. Imagine if Jordan Peele or Haneke directed it. The other assaults Luther and Nora persist against the attack from Christmas. Christmas is the true monster. 

• 11 months later...

I always do a Star Trek movie marathon at some point during holidays. It goes back to one of my earliest Christmas memories of getting the big box set with all six original movies on VHS and just watching them over and over again. 

The usuals. On the day after Thanksgiving I always put the lights up outside and decorate inside with the kids. We watch Christmas Vacation. 

From there we'll watch a Christmas Story, The Peanuts Christmas, Home Alone 1 and 2, The Muppets Christmas, the Muppet Christmas Carol, and I mean whatever else I can find. I'm always down for Jingle all the Way and Die Hard. 

I don't really have any holiday movies I watch every year, besides DIE HARD, but....I have avoided ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE for at least the past 5 years and do not intend to watch it this year, either. I'm well past burned out on it, despiter Jimmy Stewart being of my all-time favorite actors. (Lionel Barrymore is, too.)

The version of A CHRISTMAS CAROL with Alastair Sim is high on my list of favorite Christmas movies, but I don't watch it every year. Same with SCROOGED and A CHRISTMAS STORY.

36 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

The usuals. On the day after Thanksgiving I always put the lights up outside and decorate inside with the kids. We watch Christmas Vacation. 

From there we'll watch a Christmas Story, The Peanuts Christmas, Home Alone 1 and 2, The Muppets Christmas, the Muppet Christmas Carol, and I mean whatever else I can find. I'm always down for Jingle all the Way and Die Hard. 

Yeah buddy, I just introduced my wife to Jingle All the Way, she'd never seen it lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Yeah buddy, I just introduced my wife to Jingle All the Way, she'd never seen it lol

I actually saw that one in the theater haha. 

Actually speaking of, the first movie I ever saw in the theater was Prancer. Surprised I remember it honestly because I was probably 4 when it came out. It was about the Reindeer Prancer. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

I actually saw that one in the theater haha. 

Actually speaking of, the first movie I ever saw in the theater was Prancer. Surprised I remember it honestly because I was probably 4 when it came out. It was about the Reindeer Prancer. 

It's hilarious that you mention that because my wife had asked if I had seen that after we watched JATW :P

• Like 1