The 2021 Music Thread

Roster Depth Sicko No. 2

I knew a few months back Tom Morello released The Atlas Underground Fire, had no idea that he's set to release another one - The Atlas Underground Flood - this Friday. Album's full of guests like Fire was, with the likes of Kirk Hammett, Jim Jones, Alex Lifeson, and X Ambassadors joining him for this record.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a distinct lack of Lordi's disco album on these lists. 

Mark Lanegan on nearly dying to covid-19

I was asked three times a day if I knew where I was and rarely gave a correct answer. Sometimes I’d be driving miles to deliver drugs to someone in another city, or dismantling a stolen car after midnight for parts to sell or trade. Sometimes I’d be boxing potatoes and stacking them on pallets in the spud factory or using metal hooks to buck hay bales on to a tractor under the intense eastern Washington summer sun, or I’d be drunkenly cooking pancake and egg breakfasts in a busy restaurant after drinking and carousing all night; a few of the activities among many I had participated in my youth. At times I felt I were on a tour bus in the states or the UK, and I remember thinking I was on a train, travelling through Australia for a while. China, the Middle East, the plains of Canada, and where I had grown up in the Pacific Northwest were all places I imagined I was holding court amongst the damned. I had no idea where these delusions came from but they were ever-present.