The 2021 Music Thread

Roster Depth Sicko No. 2

On 03/10/2021 at 14:59, Orange CLDY said:

First listen: eh it's cool

Tenth listen: THOUGH MY MEMORIES ARE FADED THEY COME BACK TO HAUNT ME ONCE AGAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!

----

My cousin is a huge Ghost fan, has seen them live like four times now, and his reaction to this single was "I don't like it :/". I love it. I think it's a great blend of the heaviness of an album like Meliora and the more pop sensibilities of Prequelle, and if it's any indication of what next year's (fingers crossed) album sounds like I'm going to have a good time with it.

I had a similar reaction. For a movie soundtrack single, its pretty darn good. 

2 minutes ago, DFF said:

I had a similar reaction. For a movie soundtrack single, its pretty darn good. 

AND THOUGH MY MIND IS SOMEWHAT JAAAAAAAAADEDDDD NOWWWW!

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2021 at 09:19, RPS said:

Magdalena Bay's album Mercurial World is amazing. It's a blend of pop and house. It reminds me of 2am at the club. 

This is definitely delightful. Every track zags when you think it'll zig. It's the type of electronic music that sounds like twenty different artists at once but not in a straightforward way. One second you are getting Pet Shop Boys vibes with horns and the next track sounds like Crystal Castles and M83. 

New Every Time I Die is pretty good so far too. I'm only about halfway through it.

My favorite song is probably "Dark Distance", though.

Limp Bizkit is releasing their first new album in over a decade, on Halloween. It's called "Limp Bizkit Still Sucks". 

On 29/10/2021 at 11:54, The Redeemer CLDY said:

Limp Bizkit is releasing their first new album in over a decade, on Halloween. It's called "Limp Bizkit Still Sucks". 

Halfway through it now, it's certainly Limp Bizkit. It's not going to win awards, but it's dumb and fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kyle. said:

Halfway through it now, it's certainly Limp Bizkit. It's not going to win awards, but it's dumb and fun.

So far this is all I've heard and I dig it

Not been on EWB for a while so: Manic Street Preachers' new album is great, probably a mid-tier release for them, but the piano-centric tracks worked really well for me; Biffy Clyro's new 'un is an absolute stonker and I'm amazed they've somehow topped their album from last year; and Limp Bizkit's record is good, dumb, self-aware fun.

Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars + Anderson.Paak) album is a fun thirty minute throwback. 'Leave the Door Open' is gonna remain one of the singles of the year.

IDLES' Crawler doesn't quite hit the heights of Brutalism or Joy... but it's much better than Ultra Mono and the hints at what they're gonna become as a band seems promising.

33 minutes ago, Gorka said:

IDLES' Crawler doesn't quite hit the heights of Brutalism or Joy... but it's much better than Ultra Mono and the hints at what they're gonna become as a band seems promising.

Agree on that, Joy is still on constant rotation for me, but this Crawler was a decent album that I really enjoyed more than Ultra Mono