What online games are/were you good at?

9 to 5

9 hours ago, Skummy said:

I recently tried to play Age of Empires 2 online and got slaughtered. Especially when it comes to RTS games, the way I play against AI just doesn't work against human players, and I'm not good enough to adapt accordingly. 

100% with you on that 

On 22/04/2021 at 09:45, Skummy said:

Same, and I think maybe Starcraft back in the day. I was okay at them.

I recently tried to play Age of Empires 2 online and got slaughtered. Especially when it comes to RTS games, the way I play against AI just doesn't work against human players, and I'm not good enough to adapt accordingly. 

I want to get into some online gaming to keep up with old friends now that I've moved to London, but mostly I just can't get into it.

I’ve actually been playing AoE with a couple of friends in lockdown and it’s been good fun. We usually just play with ourselves and AI - online against real people is a mixed bag because they do annoying strategies and use hot keys and other intense stuff like that and it messes with our heads.

Although we might stop playing soon because the people I play with are in Glasgow and Scottish pubs open tomorrow...

I suck royally at FPS PvP games....with one exception, which will show my age:

STAR WARS DARK FORCES 2: JEDI KNIGHT.

I was in a clan called WLP (Wraith League of Players), and we had a mass lightsaber battle with the first to 50 kills winning. I came in second with 49 kills, and the only reason I did not win is because the last time I died, I respawned too far from the fighting. The next closest player after me only had 42 or 43. I also tended to win PvP battles because most players chose to fight as Dark Side, and I fought as Light 90% of the time. Why? Because Dark Side players tended to try and win using Force Choke, and Light Side had a power that could nullify it, and another that could prevent its use temporarily.

Since @The Kraigmentioned Street Fighter games, I'll point out that back in the day I used to murder people in Tekken Tag Tournament and 4 in the arcades. Mostly using Jin or Bryan Fury. My few losses came against people who would pull off cheap ass moves (Ie, Law's Bicycle Kicks or Paul's Deathfist). When they did that, I'd make them pay for it. I'd either switch to Lee and use the Hitman Stance, or to King and combo them to death. Sadly, I couldn't pull off those combos too well on the PS2, because a pad is harder to do it with than a joystick. (I used to be a cheap player, myself, though. Gun Jack in Tekken 3 was so easy to destroy people with....)

I wouldn’t ever describe myself as more than decent at Apex Legends, but last night I won a trios game by myself.  Involved a lot of stealthy sniping.  Pretty proud of that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...