Anime Thread 2021

Monkey D. Lars

From what I understand, (Cowboy Bebop spoilers)

Spoiler

Ed isn't introduced until the season finale, and the vibe I get from how people are talking online is that it's meant to have multiple seasons.

• Thanks 1

Netflix generally wants all its shows to be open for another season and then it runs numbers to decide whether there's enough of an audience to justify the cost. It's why sometimes after a day of something being up on the platform they immediately say "season 2 confirmed" and other shows wait a few days/weeks to see if and how word of mouth builds the audience.

12 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

On Tiktok I saw a 2 second clip of... (Cowboy Bebop)

Hide contents

Edward.

Oh no.

From the clip I saw (admittedly, a gif on Twitter..) they seemed fine to me?

Just now, The Redeemer CLDY said:

From the clip I saw (admittedly, a gif on Twitter..) they seemed fine to me?

It might be, I scrolled away quick to avoid spoilers... but I wasn't digging it.

I think I'll be finishing the series tonight, I have 3-4 episodes left. Faye has grown on me! 

I have finished Cowboy Bebop. It was... fine. 6.5/10? I preferred the earlier episodes. And all this has made me do is want to watch the original series. 

Spoiler

Spike: John Cho worked really well as Spike. The only thing missing was a more casual/cocky swagger in fights. If they do season 2, which they have set it up, I hope that comes out more. But because they are setting up season 2, no 'Bang.'

Jet: Perfect casting, from beginning to end. Mustafa Shakir had the voice and the look, and was very well acted. I have no complaints about Jett.

Faye: Outside of the story and name, not much resembling the original Faye (from what I remember... it's been years since I've seen the original, so I could be off). Didn't really care for her originally, but she grew on me as the episodes went on. 

Ein: Basically a non-factor. Which is a shame. More Ein, please.

Ed: In the 60 seconds or so Ed was on screen, it feels like they tried to make a 1 for 1 adaptation from the anime to the live action. Which is unfortunate. The costume is fine, the acting... ehhh, they're a kid, I can't fault them. I am wondering if this character just doesn't translate well to live action.

Vicious: The weakest part of the show. Like Gogo said, looks like a cosplayer. Nothing about Vicious was really that vicious. Showed up way too much, where if I remember, in the anime, Vicious was shown a lot less. Wore out his welcome early on. And of course he lives.

Julia: She's fine, I guess. And will be the big bad in season 2 if that happens. 

• 3 weeks later...