Random Sport Titbits

OctoberRaven

I did the math and, assuming a quarter of people take public transit (very generous if this is put in the US, though apparently far less so in the UK? lol America I guess) and the rest took cars at an average of three per car, and given the size of an American parking space (with SUVs built in mind)... the space needed for a parking lot would be about ten Mall of Americas, or over seventy Yankee Stadiums.

And that's just for the spectators!

It's such a shitty idea that it's probably going to be attempted in Florida.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor amusement while reading 'The Kings of the King's Road: The Great Chelsea Team of the 60s and 70s', by Clive Batty:

Unlike some of his players, manager Dave Sexton was an infrequent visitor to the King's Road, preferring to buy his clothes in Mayfair. A conservative man who had served with the army in Greece, Sexton preferred the clean cut style of an earlier period and was unimpressed by the increasingly scruffy appearance of his players. On one famous occasion, he even dropped David Webb for growing a beard.

mattingly-sideburns.gif

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, MadJack said:

I don't get it. Surely Hayet Abidal would be suspect number one.

Also, Eric...what a mistake, man.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely random aside. On Sunday night I watched the Everton v Man U game, but obviously changed channel at half time to avoid the BT Sport punditry team. I watched 15 minutes of Roma on the other channel and as usual was impressed by the BT Sport Serie A punditry team, but more importantly found out that Chris Smalling speaks brilliant Italian, has gone vegan, and recently invested £1m in green startup companies.

You don't get that from Michael Owen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...