Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

Looking more and more likely that we're selling Ndiaye to Marseille. Just hope we get a few quid for him (and a decent sell on clause!)

I'm sure there was talk of some CL clubs sniffing around him over the past few months but fair play to him, he's like 32 so go get that big pay day before you retire.

What a waste of his talent.

I don't understand why Southampton keep signing City academy players. Sure, they're profiting on at least one of them in Lavia, but it's not like it's leading to anything actually successful on the pitch.

Pau Torres fee is supposed to be €32.5 million btw. What a steal. Wasn't long ago Villarreal were rejecting bids of €55m for him. Emery is amazing.

1 hour ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I don't understand why Southampton keep signing City academy players. Sure, they're profiting on at least one of them in Lavia, but it's not like it's leading to anything actually successful on the pitch.

Southampton's head of recruitment used to be Man City's head of academy recruitment, so he's just signing players he already knows.

Just now, Colly said:

I know we basically stick anything Romano tweets in here, but can we  stop doing the Saudi transfers? They're about as interesting as the Belgian 3rd division.

How's this for a twist?

Not even the Saudis will touch Auba ffs. 😂

32 minutes ago, Colly said:

Time to buy some Jupiler shares I guess.

Unfortunately, Jordan Henderson is also being linked with a move to Saudi Arabia now

• Sad 1

We've signed Tunisian international midfielder Anis Slimane :)

12 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

It's getting worse.

This surprises me a lot less tbh

I wish I could say it pleases me that more and more clubs are losing the moral high ground to whinge about Newcastle, but it really doesn't. The league has sank to an absolute low between this and the Toney double standards.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Colly said:

I wish I could say it pleases me that more and more clubs are losing the moral high ground to whinge about Newcastle, but it really doesn't. The league has sank to an absolute low between this and the Toney double standards.

Don't necessarily agree with this point. Whilst it is profiting from Saudi clubs, its not being owned essentially by the country and by proxy all the things linked to the regime. It's still not great but its a case of a lesser evil. 

I'd be sad if Henderson goes, purely from an ethical perspective of I feel all the work he's done as a captain of a Premier League club and the work he's done on the LGBTQIA+ side of things it'd feel like he's sold out on his morals for the bag

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Don't necessarily agree with this point. Whilst it is profiting from Saudi clubs, its not being owned essentially by the country and by proxy all the things linked to the regime. It's still not great but its a case of a lesser evil. 

I'd be sad if Henderson goes, purely from an ethical perspective of I feel all the work he's done as a captain of a Premier League club and the work he's done on the LGBTQIA+ side of things it'd feel like he's sold out on his morals for the bag

Henderson's LGBTQ+ advocacy is the first thing that sprang to my mind when this came up. Is 700k a week worth losing all that good will and trust?

I land somewhere between you and Colly on this. A current Premier League captain going to Saudi Arabia would be a massive transfer.

Even if it doesnt happen with Henderson and it happens with someone else. Its not great. On top of the already not greatness of the rampant capitalism already at play in the Premier league.

• Like 1