Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

Also reported that Spurs are selling Harry Winks to Leicester. Nice to not be mad/exhausted at Levy for the last week after the entirety of 2023.

• Like 1

The Declan Rice signing feels like such a good one for Arsenal. Maybe they "overpaid" a little but he's great and will be pivotal to their success this year.

Then there's Kai Havertz. I think it's easy to see a lot in him as a player but I don't know how that'll translate to playing in whatever non-natural role Arteta puts him in.

Rice costing basically the exact same amount as Enzo makes sense I suppose. Rice being a little older (24 vs. 22) and with no World Cup inflation but instead a markup for being English/from a local rival.

Different kinds of player, but the point is that both are (presumably) intended as players to build the midfield around for years. Good buy for Arsenal.

Depresses me that Arsenal just go and drop 150+ mil on two players after missing out on the title. 

Year we won the Champions League we got Adrian, Harvey Elliott and Sepp Van Der Berg...