Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

He any good?

People who watched Serie A last season seem to think he was one of the best keepers in the league. Glad they just got a move on and signed a guy who seems like he could be good at a lower price rather than doing the agonizing brinksmanship thing with Raya for probably much more.

• Thanks 1

I checked out some of the advanced stats on him, since defense can be responsible for a ton of goals and I don't know how Empoli's was. Overall, looks like he was in the top tier in terms of stopping shots that most goalkeepers wouldn't. What looks like it might be a weak spot may be accuracy on clearances. And hard to tell how he'll do if Spurs play a higher defensive line. He was bottom in Serie A in defensive actions away from goal, but no idea how much of that is tactical.

13 hours ago, damhausen said:

I checked out some of the advanced stats on him, since defense can be responsible for a ton of goals and I don't know how Empoli's was. Overall, looks like he was in the top tier in terms of stopping shots that most goalkeepers wouldn't. What looks like it might be a weak spot may be accuracy on clearances. And hard to tell how he'll do if Spurs play a higher defensive line. He was bottom in Serie A in defensive actions away from goal, but no idea how much of that is tactical.

Seeing a few people say he's good with his feet, which sounds like it's important under Ange. Just still impressed we moved onto another target so quickly - it feels like the recruitment structure is finally changing, which is long overdue. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FLiam said:

Chelsea close to buying Strasbourg.

They won't be able to register all those players!

3 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I presume the reason that the last 7 paragraphs of that article are a C&P summary of Mount's career is that the author had a word quota to meet.

• Haha 1

Leipzig are going to get Fabio Carvalho on loan, with apparently no purchase option. Hopefully he still gets plenty of game time there.

In USMNT news, Ricardo Pepi is about to get a transfer to PSV after doing very well for Groningen last season. Timmy Weah is somehow both choosing to go to Juve, and being sought after by Juve. Guy had to play full back last season to get minutes at Lille, but he thinks he'll get regular minutes for Juve on the wing? I'm pessimistic. Guy is electric for USA on the right wing almost every match, but can't put it together for his club.