Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Some players just don't fit in the PL full stop. Hasn't Werner been banging in the goals again since returning to Germany?

Yes, but then my totally unbiased opinion is that I ❤️ Timo and always backed him even when he had no idea how to stay onside.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

Some players just don't fit in the PL full stop. Hasn't Werner been banging in the goals again since returning to Germany?

I guess he’s been banging the goals in by Chelsea’s standards but nine in the league isn’t really anything spectacular.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

I guess he’s been banging the goals in by Chelsea’s standards but nine in the league isn’t really anything spectacular.

Nkunku to my knowledge is the top scoring option there and the stats back it up. That will change obviously as Nkunku I believe is headed to Chelsea.

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Yes, but then my totally unbiased opinion is that I ❤️ Timo and always backed him even when he had no idea how to stay onside.

I still maintain that Werner was a perfectly cromulent left inside forward. Sure, he was brought in to play up top, but the offside issue was too significant to have him playing that far up the pitch. Too fast for his own good...

57 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Nkunku to my knowledge is the top scoring option there and the stats back it up. That will change obviously as Nkunku I believe is headed to Chelsea.

Sesko inbound to replace Nkunku. Leipzig conveyor belt keeps on keeping on.

Thing is, Werner’s always been a, blaze four shots wide for every one goal kind of player. Difference is that Leipzig (maybe even the Bundesliga) fans are more forgiving of that kind of output. There’s also an argument that Leipzig create more chances than Chelsea and play a more direct style, so it was less noticeable. 

8 hours ago, stokeriño said:

He was better at it than Morata at least.

Reports say we're getting Caicedo from Brighton so that replaces once of the 8 or so midfielders we're shipping out.

Chelsea now linked with Lautaro Martinez. Anyone who has actually seen Inter play recently have an opinion?

(Just when you think that Chelsea/Inter have enough on their plate to discuss with Lukaku, supposedly Koulibaly, Onana, etc. already floated...along comes another name.)

17 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Chelsea now linked with Lautaro Martinez. Anyone who has actually seen Inter play recently have an opinion?

(Just when you think that Chelsea/Inter have enough on their plate to discuss with Lukaku, supposedly Koulibaly, Onana, etc. already floated...along comes another name.)

He spent most of his time offside in the World Cup if that helps 

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

He spent most of his time offside in the World Cup if that helps 

45 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Lautaro Martinez plays much better as a defensive forward than what Chelsea presumably will play him as. He'd be a world-beater with a club like Atleti.

Well, y'know, I'm sure Chelsea's scouting department are confident that fifth time's the charm.

Between Neves leaving Wolves for 50m and, according to the BBC rumour mill at least, Chelsea wanting to sell half their players to Saudi teams, we're getting a second wave of that 2-3 year golden age for FM players of selling their squad players to China for inflated fees.

What a waste of a talented player. Left Porto and the Champions League to play in the Championship with Wolves because money. Now leaving the Premier League to go play in Saudi Arabia because money. 

Mendes is definitely making a killing I'm sure though.