Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

13 hours ago, Gazz said:

Apparently Zaha is off to Al-Nassr too.

If Ronaldo, Benzema, and Kante aren't enough to make the Saudi league look appealing to viewers, I wonder how many eyeballs this one will pull in.

Isn't it super how Chelsea entered this window in a quandary of having too many players and needing to trim the squad, and yet are imminently going to be in the position of having almost no central midfielders.

If the rumoured exits of Kante, Kovacic, RLC, Mount, etc. go ahead, then for the base of a probable 4-2-3-1 team we're left with Enzo and... Gallagher, maybe? 

That's immediately 2 (preferably 3) more signings required, just to get the base level of 4 players covering those 2 positions.

I feel like rather than working towards a planned end state, our squad just keeps lurching from one extreme to another, with the board invariably backing themselves into make bad deals to get out of their latest self-inflicted crisis (nevermind how obvious this all makes it to other clubs how poor our leverage is in these transfer deals).

Is this to legitimately play for Inter Miami, or was there anything behind that nonsense Convoluted-Scheme-To-Then-Loan-Him-To-Barcelona-To-Dodge-More-FFP-Pain rumour I read somewhere?

1 minute ago, stokeriño said:

Is this to legitimately play for Inter Miami, or was there anything behind that nonsense Convoluted-Scheme-To-Then-Loan-Him-To-Barcelona-To-Dodge-More-FFP-Pain rumour I read somewhere?

It's honestly still incredibly possible. 

Miami are currently last in MLS, and already have multiple players who do zero on defense. If Busquets joins him like many expect, it's going to be hilarious to watch Miami still suck because MLS players just run Miami to death 🤣😁

22 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I thought Messi was the most likely of all the players to go to Saudi Arabia, considering that he was advertising holidays there.

He's already got the Saudi bag, now he's getting the American bag.

I fully expect him to spend his summer with Miami and then get loaned to Barcelona when, conveniently, Miami is still wildly out of contention.

It's Messi, whatever rules the MLS may want this is the single biggest player to come play here since late-career Beckham. Just let him do what he wants.

• Like 1