Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

Yes, those who point out that we've signed 900 players may have forgotten that we sold 900 as well. :lol: I heard remarks yesterday when the line-ups were published that our bench was full of kids...

The central midfield was the most glaring hole and that appears to now be sorted. When it comes to depth, striker and goalkeeper are the two remaining weak spots, but at least we can now field an 11-plus-bench that isn't full of oxygen thieves.

If Liverpool/Chelsea have a 'Stop or my Momma Will Shoot' thing going on, Liverpool need to cut a 3rd party in on it and share the profits. I'm sure we'd happily let them declare interest in Meslier for 50m, only for Chelsea to gazump them for 60m.

I just tried to tally up the Chelsea ins-and-outs since the start of the calendar year. I've probably missed something, and you can see that I've not counted Returning Loans like Colwill as 'new signings', but in terms of player NUMBERS (not spend...!!), it's been fairly even.

Chelsea ins and outs.png

Edit: Oh, I forgot Lewis Hall, who is probably also getting loaned out. Although tbh Santos and Ugochukwu may well too.

Think that's a great fit for Adams and good signing for Bournemouth. They need a good ball winner in midfield and he fits their newer style of play. Still think Bournemouth are going to be able to have a quietly decent season.

• Like 1

• Admin

Harry Maguire’s £30m move to West Ham has collapsed after the club grew tired of waiting for the defender to agree his exit from Manchester United. Although there is a chance the deal could be revived, it is not going ahead at the moment.

West Ham have grown frustrated over the delay and are looking at alternative options in central defence. Maguire had settled personal terms with West Ham but the club have been waiting for the England international to agree a pay-off from United.

The 30-year-old received a considerable salary increase as a result of United qualifying for the Champions League and would be on less money at West Ham. He is thought to want about £7m to leave Old Trafford.

• Haha 2

Least Brightons CEO has been really nice about us. We may not have a new midfielder but we've got good feedback!!!

:(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Least Brightons CEO has been really nice about us. We may not have a new midfielder but we've got good feedback!!!

:(

"We may have hired someone else but you were definitely pleasant to deal with and if we ever have an opening in the future we'll make sure to tell you this again.'

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, damhausen said:

"We may have hired someone else but you were definitely pleasant to deal with and if we ever have an opening in the future we'll make sure to tell you this again.'

It's not you it's me vibes

• Like 1