Starfield

Paton

Got to move my space Chef along in her story a bit. I'm honestly way more into the side stuff than the main thing at the moment. I was hoping my "adoring fan" would be more about me being a chef but no he insists that the one main adventure I've done so far is like the most epic thing he has ever heard about it in his life :P 

My parents are also freaking adorable and I laughed out loud when they showed up at Constellation and offered to bring cookies next time :lol: 

I have to admit I don't understand some stuff like outposts yet but I think I'll get there and I'm really enjoying myself so far

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

My parents are also freaking adorable and I laughed out loud when they showed up at Constellation and offered to bring cookies next time :lol: 

This has been the best thing that I chose to start with, bar none. I've gotten enjoyment but also a good number of tangible things out of it, and it just keeps giving. The places they can pop up are great stuff.

The adoring fan is a full on reference to the Elder Scrolls IV, they even got the same voice actor and everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, apsham said:

This has been the best thing that I chose to start with, bar none. I've gotten enjoyment but also a good number of tangible things out of it, and it just keeps giving. The places they can pop up are great stuff.

The adoring fan is a full on reference to the Elder Scrolls IV, they even got the same voice actor and everything.

:lol: I wondered! Like I really enjoy the idea he just seems so out of place in this game so far. I think I like him even more now though

• Like 1

I'm finding this game to be best described as Bethesda comfort food. I can't argue with any of the big complaints people have about it, but there's a familiarity about it that I like. I've always preferred the side content in these games, and this is no exception. Pottering around and doing minor errands is a simple, yet appealing use of my time.

The ship building is something I enjoy as well. While I'll never be creatively minded enough to make the sort of things some other people can, adding a few bits and bobs here and there satisfies that part of my brain.

• Like 2

The side stuff is always wonderful. Like there is this tree that is in trouble apparently. I collected some sensors about it and dude was like "oh man this is serious!" But then I have to come back later. I don't understand what is going on but why isn't it later yet??? WE MUST SAVE THIS TREE!!

• Like 2

Yeah, I haven't advanced the Constellation stuff in a couple days now in favor of doing stuff like infiltrating the Crimson Fleet or helping the miners on Mars get better equipment to work with (at one point I had to get myself hired as a shitty middle management guy's assistant and I was honestly kind of hoping I could just keep going back there and doing dumb officework in the middle of all the space pirating and whatnot I'm also doing). I'll probably start on one of those three missions for Constellation I was offered tomorrow.

I haven't been using the Robot much as a companion, but he apparently has a database of names he can say if you picked that name. 

The database is rather...interesting

18 hours ago, Your Mom said:

The side stuff is always wonderful. Like there is this tree that is in trouble apparently. I collected some sensors about it and dude was like "oh man this is serious!" But then I have to come back later. I don't understand what is going on but why isn't it later yet??? WE MUST SAVE THIS TREE!!

Yeah, this is the biggest thing that's drawing me into the game. A lot of the side stories - short, or long - end up being something that draws me in. Don't get me wrong though, the main story has been pretty cool so far too. Setting us in in an organization that makes any direction that the character wants to go make sense was a smart move, but it's really the side stuff that does it for me and paints a full picture of the world that Starfield is in.

I kind of like too how activities can turn into full fledged missions. Something as simple as "this person misses having their favourite meal, I'll tell them next time I'm in the system that it comes from - I'll grab one for them" can be as short as that, or turn into a whole thing of its own. Even the named companions that you can just take onto the ship have little stories and personalities.

Yeah, right now my play time is basically like doing one Constellation mission every couple days and otherwise just filling my time with side missions. I should probably learn how to set up an Outpost soon because I've got crew members who'd be best utilized on one of those, I guess mining resources or something like that?

57 minutes ago, Ruki said:

How does one set up outposts and assign people to them? And what makes a good planet?

You open up your scanner on a planet and a button is assigned to setting up an outpost. It should tell you what kind of resources you can get from the area, and your scanner will also show you the ground resources that you could mine into. Honestly for me this answer is "a place I can build a cool base" because I plunder enough to not have to worry TOO much about needing resources to sell or use - but some things like iron are used a lot in building so I might setup an outpost that is purely meant to work as a mining operation.

• Like 2