Starfield

Paton

31 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I still don't understand how to get more cargo space. I got a mission that said I need to do a cargo delivery but I don't have nearly enough space. My ship holds like 450 and all the cargo things are like 2000 or something

You can either modify your ship or buy a new one with more capacity. Most of the places you land will have a person nearby to help with that. You can also go straight to some of the ship-builders like on Deimos.

Weight limits are honestly a bit pointless. I mean, if it’s some sort of realistic thing they’re going for - that’s straight out the window when I can wear a spacesuit, carry two and carry eight guns. 

The whole process in moving things to storage then collecting again to mod weapons is a massive pain in the arse.

11 hours ago, Toe said:

You can either modify your ship or buy a new one with more capacity. Most of the places you land will have a person nearby to help with that. You can also go straight to some of the ship-builders like on Deimos.

I found the guy who says he can modify my ship but the only upgrades i see are the weapons, shield or gravdrive. I feel like I'm missing something incredibly obvious but I am missing it :( 

So the cargo and stuff like that is found in build mode, which is in the list of options at the bottom. It's not very intuitive, I only just started learning about that stuff because I needed to attach modules to my ship for a Crimson Fleet mission.

Just finished up the Ryujin missions. The missions start out kinda meh, but it got a little more interesting (if, a bit frustrating because I wanted to be a good corporate person and not kill anyone and get a bonus). Now, gonna help Sarah with her personal mission and then back to being a pirate! Yarrrrrrr.

Made my way all the through to be a Freestar Ranger and boy oh boy do I love the ship and the suit that come with it. Walkin' around with my Sheriff's uniform and hat with a revolver straight up fits into the other stuff that I'm doing right now too if I look at it like me joining the Crimson Raiders or the UC and standing out.

This is the one Bethesda game where I can feel like I can justify working with just about all of the factions in one capacity or another.

Finished the companion quest and everything for Andreja as well, so now I have a snake wife who agrees with me threatening people for fun.

10 hours ago, Ruki said:

Trying to finish off Sarah's mission, but I've lost her? She's not coming to the memorial.

This was incredibly frustrating. Couldn;t find her in the lodge, wasn't in the streets, flew off planet and she was gone, tried to invite Sam into my party and I couldn't select the option (and then just couldn't talk to him)... THEN wandering the streets I then join Sarah mid conversation at the Memorial. I speak to her, I select one prompt, and then she walks BACK to the memorial before we could continue the conversation. Just awful. 

Also it's annoying, even on high settings, the game looks not great on my computer. Thankfully it DOES looks nice on the Xbox. 

On 15/09/2023 at 22:32, GoGo Yubari said:

So the cargo and stuff like that is found in build mode, which is in the list of options at the bottom. It's not very intuitive, I only just started learning about that stuff because I needed to attach modules to my ship for a Crimson Fleet mission.

I tried and I still couldn't do it. It's frustrating because it's starting to make me feel dumb because I don't get it and I just kind of give up when that happens. Do I have to craft my own new cargo things? Like I go to cockpit and hit edit and then I have no option to change anything. Why can't I just buy a new one and they install it for me? :( 

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I tried and I still couldn't do it. It's frustrating because it's starting to make me feel dumb because I don't get it and I just kind of give up when that happens. Do I have to craft my own new cargo things? Like I go to cockpit and hit edit and then I have no option to change anything. Why can't I just buy a new one and they install it for me? :( 

Granted that this is for the PC and is quite long, you just need to watch the first little bit to make sure you're going into the right menus. When you're in the right one, pulling apart and adding ship pieces is basically done like Lego. Adding more cargo means that you have to find pieces, add them on, notice that your mass is going up so your manuverability might be going down so you might have to add more or more powerful engines, etc.

Following quest lines can get you ships that you can use instead of the one that you start with. There's a particular one that gets you a pretty cool ship that you can do quite early - I think it's from a note you can find on a dead spacer called The Lair of the Mantis or something similar. Don't think that one has much MORE cargo, but it's one of the earliest ones I can think of that's an upgrade from your starter ship.

• Thanks 1

Main plot spoilers, still keeping it fairly vague:

Spoiler

There are only two companions I especially like and want to use and so naturally progressing the main plot has put me in a space where one of them has to die and if I jump back to before the point where I get locked in to having only one of them I'd have to redo a whole multitude of missions. Cool cool cool. This isn't quite the moment where you find your son in Fallout 4 in terms of Bethesda plot twists that make me throw my hands in the air and stop playing the game but it's real annoying!

God damn the final battle during the Crimson Fleet plotline was brutal..took me like 20 tries before I remembered you could jump out during the battle :shifty:

Finish Wave 1

Jump out, repair ship, buy ship parts

Finish Wave 2

Finish Wave 3

Then it was a snap!

• Like 1