Starfield

Paton

14 hours ago, FLiam said:

I’ve gotten to a main story mission where I need to enter a residence in Akila City and it keeps crashing. This is on Series X. 

Sounds like other people have had similar issues too. I’ve tried re-saving and all sorts but nothing is working.

Is it the Coe Residence? I had my first crash yesterday at that spot. I had already been playing for awhile so I took it as a sign to take a break.

Just did the Akila City stuff with minimal incident, guess I got lucky. Thusfar the only one of the main story missions I've really dug is retrieving Barrett. Fun character.

The UC Vanguard stuff is all great thusfar. Been holding off on doing more Crimson Fleet stuff because I'd like to get a couple more conversation skills (gotta try to play all sides, baby) before I dive back into it, the Terrormorph stuff is also really good.

Any advice for ship building? I'm running out of cargo space (decided to buy out all the resources of a shop, so I don't have to worry about that), so I add another container. But then we have low maneuverability, so I add an engine... and then we're too heavy to grav jump. So I am just dealing with low maneuverability for the time being. 

Ran into my mom and dad at Cyberpunk City's dance club. My mom was openly considering trying some drugs and said it'd be best if we both pretended this whole conversation never happened. Kids Stuff is the best trait/perk by a mile.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Ran into my mom and dad at Cyberpunk City's dance club. My mom was openly considering trying some drugs and said it'd be best if we both pretended this whole conversation never happened. Kids Stuff is the best trait/perk by a mile.

Ran into that the other day, it's the best. Was legit in the area for a mission too, so when dad did the whole "oh yeah, why are YOU here" thing I got to hit him back with "I'm here on official business - unlike you".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, apsham said:

I'm glad with my perks but I'm kinda bummed that I can't get the Dream Home because that is tied to the perk.

Starfield is based in reality, so the only way anyone owns a dream home is if their parents are dead...

• Like 2

Thusfar the Ryujin Industries stuff isn't great. Pretty much just "go here, sneak to a container, steal or add a thing to the container" or "go here and pass a persuasion check" (and my character's built towards passing speech checks so not too much suspense there, and while I like the system they have for it half of the time it just boils down to feeling like the conversation is "hey, do this thing" "ok I guess I will, leave me alone" instead of feeling like you've really persuaded someone).

29 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Thusfar the Ryujin Industries stuff isn't great. Pretty much just "go here, sneak to a container, steal or add a thing to the container" or "go here and pass a persuasion check" (and my character's built towards passing speech checks so not too much suspense there, and while I like the system they have for it half of the time it just boils down to feeling like the conversation is "hey, do this thing" "ok I guess I will, leave me alone" instead of feeling like you've really persuaded someone).

I'm also currently working on these missions. Waiting to see if they get a bit more exciting. 

The way I'm doing it is mostly just kind of bouncing between them all ("them all" being the main story, the Terrormorph plot, the Crimson Fleet, the Freestar Rangers, and Ryujin) so I think I'm off Ryujin for a bit. We'll see.

Playing it that way is hilarious because it's absolutely screwing with the main story. There were two different missions in the main story that I could basically just waltz in and out of with zero effort because as a member of the Crimson Fleet, the pirates just all kind of sit around and hang out while I walk through their base and grab the artifact I need. Thanks, guys! Enjoy being a menace to someone who isn't me!